Temp Suspension of Fingerprint-Based Background Checks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NRA-ILA Atrticle said:
FBI Plans Temporary Suspension Of Fingerprint-Based Background Checks

Friday, April 09, 2010

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has notified state law enforcement agencies that all fingerprint-based background checks necessary for Right-to-Carry permit applications will be temporarily suspended from April 28, 2010, to May 3, 2010. The temporary suspension is said to be necessary in order for the FBI to process almost 500,000 fingerprints for Census Bureau workers.

The FBI will resume processing CHL applicant fingerprints beginning May 4, 2010. Delays from the suspension of up to two weeks are anticipated; with the FBI giving assurances that all fingerprints will be processed as quickly as possible.

Looks like us regular non-government types take a second class citizen role whenever the government has "better" things to do. Equal protection under the law means jack manure to them, obviously. It's not like they've had no time to plan for this now, is it! With ten years lead time, and all...

Tell me ... If they are just now getting around to testing these 500,000 census workers, who has been sending out and/or hand delivering the census forms? My form was taped to my garage door! It had my correct address on it and could have been much less expensively delivered in the mail! What sort of person was sent to trespass on my property and tape something to my house?

Bottom line, anyone sending in an application for a CCW permit/license is going to be delayed.

Woody

okie98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife worked the census in our area and is complete. I think she worked 7 weeks total. Wonder if they are still waiting to process her fingerprints?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope this doesn't hold up my Bar application. They print all applicants, and I can only assume its so they can run a background check.

Which really pisses me off, BTW... I have to get treated like a criminal just to practice my chosen profession. Its already bad enough that I have to seek the state's permission in the first place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom