savage 110 7mm mag trigger?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anybody know if all savage model 110 7mm mag have adjustable triggers or do you have to buy after market one. I traded for a model 110 and the trigger is super easy to pull I can barely put my finger on the trigger and it will fire. The first timeI fired it I almost wasn't ready when it went off.

StammesOpfer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it have a little blade in the middle of the trigger. If so then it is an accutrigger and can be adjusted. If it is older it wouldn't have an accutrigger and wouldn't be adjustable however you probably wouldn't be complaining about a light trigger pull with a pre-accutrigger. Last it could be an after-market which most are adjustable unless it was custom done by a smith but you should be able to bump up the pull. Most after market wont go much higher than 2-3# so it will still be a fairly light trigger pull for a hunting gun. If you post pics I am sure we could tell you more, not just the trigger but the whole assembly.

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does it have a little blade in the middle of the trigger. If so then it is an accutrigger and can be adjusted. If it is older it wouldn't have an accutrigger and wouldn't be adjustable however you probably wouldn't be complaining about a light trigger pull with a pre-accutrigger. Last it could be an after-market which most are adjustable unless it was custom done by a smith but you should be able to bump up the pull. Most after market wont go much higher than 2-3# so it will still be a fairly light trigger pull for a hunting gun. If you post pics I am sure we could tell you more, not just the trigger but the whole assembly.

No it does not have a blade in the middle I tried to post pics but this forum does not allow enough space for camara to post pics. Not really complaining about the pull but think it's unsafe the wind could blow hard and it would go off or if I happened to drop it in the field and the safety was not on it would for sure go off. would I have to take the stock off to see if there are adjustment on the trigger?

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hope you can see this

Attachments

• trigger.jpg
    trigger.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 352

0352Marine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

gunplumber

New to the site!
Reaction score
A good option is the trigger from Rifle Basix for your 110. Avail from brownells.com. The Accu model can't be put on the the older actions as the rec are different but a good smith can tune your old trigger to operterate real good while not impairing the safety. Cost would be about the same.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
imhntn is right , my buddy has two pre-accu's and he has both of the triggers set lighter than factory, i totaly forgot that. IMO the ajustment is pretty good w/out having a trigger done