Just got back my Grizzly 50AE WOW!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got my LAR Grizzly 50AE back and it is sweet. I sent it to Bob Cogan at Accurate Plating and Weaponry out of Alabama to have the custom work done. He did a slide profile comp system, hard chromed finish with brushed flat matt rounds. He added his logo on top of slide and also added a red fiber optic on the front pin. The very next day I shot 20 rounds through it and was very happy with the results. The recoil is comparable to a Colt 45 ACP and it is very accurate. It cost me $1,170.00 but was well worth it.
I had this gun up for sale a couple of months ago because it had a little too much (way too much, LOL) kick to shoot for fun. I received a call about it from a Texan and was told that it could be tamed, so I took it out of the classifieds and the rest is history. Now it’s a blast, although the ammo is a little high.
Here are a few pictures of it;

BEFORE
ai1010.photobucket.com_albums_af223_Duke110_P1010154.jpg

AFTER
ai1010.photobucket.com_albums_af223_Duke110_P1010395.jpg

ai1010.photobucket.com_albums_af223_Duke110_P1010400.jpg

Compared to a full size Colt 1911 and an AR SBR.
ai1010.photobucket.com_albums_af223_Duke110_P1010414.jpg

bigbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool man. What are the grips on your 1911 Gov?

They are gold plated grips I bought off of gunbroker about a year ago. I paid around $230 with the gold plated screws. The guy that makes them has several different ones to choose from. I didn't like the plastic ones that were on the gun when I first bought it. I thought they were cool looking.

Latest posts

Top Bottom