Accidental Discharge Stories????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody's Janitor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went deer hunting with a good friend of mine. As I exited his Scout and shut the door...BOOM! His 7 Mag. sent a round through the door that I just closed. I was too scared to mess my britches! Dang that was a close one. He has always ben extra careful after that to the point he quit hunting! The round made a mess of his door.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Years ago, when I was off in Pheonix, going to Harley-Davidson service school, I had a roommate that had a SWEET 9mm Browning. He had a licence to pack it in the state of New York, but not the city of New York. He used to collect lots of cash. Pretty cool as it was the very early 1990s. I had a Hungarian, or something, .380 double action (you know the kind) that I carried open. Gotta love Arizona.

Anyway... I was off at work one evening, and he was at our apartment with a guy in his class, showing off his fancy Browning. The guy was not familiar with guns, so Tom, did I mention his name is Tom Durkin? I'd better not. Don't want to name any names here. Anyway, Tom is showing him how to take out the magazine, make sure the chamber is clear, then points the gun in a safe direction and drops the hammer...BOOMMMM!!!! shooting our lovely Davenport sofa.

I got home about the usual time, midnight-ish. Had that little .380 on my hip. While I was going to school, I cleaned banks at night. It was really spooky. I was sure sooner or later that some thug was gonna try to jump me to have access to the bank. Never happened. Anyway, he is still up, sitting on the couch. He tells me how ashamed he is, tells me the whole story, and that he nearly crapped in his pants.

I couldn't believe it, but at the same time, I couldn't help but laugh uncontrolably. Maybe it was his thick, New York accent. Maybe it was the way he layered every sentence with colorful profanity. Mostly I think it was that at that very moment, I had just come up with his new nickname... Tom "Davenport" Durkin. Later on I got to shoot the couch, but unlike Davenport, it was intentional. We were wild then. Ah, good times...

pocketcarry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
mine was a nd. was trying to get this derringer in the holster and I dropped it. fell hammer down and it was a loud bang, 38spl. missed me by inches and shot the xmas tree in the attic. my wife needless to say po'd. just dumb on my part.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about neither accidental nor negligent,but stupid discharge? I had bought this cheapo .22 revolver from an OSAr this past winter and me and my 13 yr old kid were bored and had cabin fever and we really wanted to shoot it but it was a bad snowy day,too snowy to even drive the 4x4 down to our land about 3 miles from the house, so we went out in the garage and I put a wet phone book in what looked like a basket of old towels in front of a couple of old doors in a corner of the garage and we shot it at the phone book into the basket of 'towels' a few rounds apiece. Turns out my kid is not a good aim from 10ft or so and we find out later also that the wife had a Tshirt in there with the supposed old towels that she got at one of her balloon festivals. She does hotair ballooning with her sister and she collects Tshirts from their runs. Ooops. We got in some trouble over that. The shooting the Tshirt and shooting in the garage. Now she has this one Tshirt with bullet holes in it and we try not to we crack up every time she wears it but we cant help it. Dumbdumbdumb. Not a good role model.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang near shot my own foot slipping the hammer down an a SAA revolver once...

There are no Accidents... sorry boys... Negligent is the only way to define any booms that are not intentional

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know a guy who while in high school was the only one home, the rest of his family having gone somewhere for the afternoon. He got out his dad's shotgun and was playing with it in the living room, loading the magazine and racking the shells. The shotgun went off, and the pellets shattered a framed mirror over the fireplace and knocked a few of the chimney bricks loose.

The family got home later that day, and according to his brother, the living room was spotlessly clean, more so than it'd been for a long time. The unfortunate fellow was nowhere in sight, but the family stood around, marveling at how considerate he'd been, cleaning up the room.

Until they saw the empty picture frame hanging in its usual place, with the hole in the chimney perfectly centered...

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a guy who while in high school was the only one home, the rest of his family having gone somewhere for the afternoon. He got out his dad's shotgun and was playing with it in the living room, loading the magazine and racking the shells. The shotgun went off, and the pellets shattered a framed mirror over the fireplace and knocked a few of the chimney bricks loose.

The family got home later that day, and according to his brother, the living room was spotlessly clean, more so than it'd been for a long time. The unfortunate fellow was nowhere in sight, but the family stood around, marveling at how considerate he'd been, cleaning up the room.

Until they saw the empty picture frame hanging in its usual place, with the hole in the chimney perfectly centered...

Were you that unfortunate fellow, Todd?

Latest posts

Top Bottom