Accidental Discharge Stories????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon3830

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
when I was in the army we were doing a live fire squad lane and I just put a fresh drum on my m249 waiting for the fun to start. however my SAW decided to start the party sooner and I had a runaway gun come to find out the sear was pretty much gone.

smTm8q

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first was a H&R 12g. It wasn't loaded. But then my thumb slipped off the hammer. Quiet suddenly and to my utter amazement, a slug came out in a rather unexpected manner. Right through the couch and carpet it went, down to the cement. Found it about 10 years later when we got new carpet. You'd be surprised how big a burn ring it left on the couch 4 inches away, and how well a shaky 12 year old boy could disguise it.

One time I had a real old .32 or something, it shot once but didn't close up all the way. I figured it needed some thoughtless man hannelin' so I used my palm to slam it shut. Then I thought it might fire, so I was Mr. Safety and pointed it out the window of a moving automobile and hit it again. Bang. Good thing I am so safe huh? The roof of my friends new charger wouldn't of liked that. You'd think it would of really hurt my palm, but not so bad really. Maybe it was the adrenaline.

And once, well...I look dumb enough already, right? Ok thought so...Peace.

Shifty

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple to tell on others.

One was just a few days ago here in Iraq. I was in the turret of our humvee with the 240 and watched an Iraq Army Jundi (aka Private) put a 2 round burst out of his AK right next to his foot in the middle of the highway. Thankfully I realized what happened before I got my own safety off lol. Best part was it was 10 feet from an Iraqi general, division commander no less. They cleared his weapon and walked him away...never to be seen again...lol

Second was my cousin, who is a Marine, after his first tour in Iraq. He hadnt been home long when I was visiting him, and we had been out all afternoon plinking with just about everything we had, one of which was his .45. It got dark and we went in for dinner, we were sitting in the kitchen while my uncle cooked up some venison when my cousin dropped the mag and pointed the gun at the floor and pulled the trigger on what he thought was an empty chamber. Put a round squarely behind his black lab's ear killing him instantly. Had to drag him outside to he wouldnt bleed out all over the floor. Lost a good dog to learn a hard lesson.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a couple to tell on others.

One was just a few days ago here in Iraq. I was in the turret of our humvee with the 240 and watched an Iraq Army Jundi (aka Private) put a 2 round burst out of his AK right next to his foot in the middle of the highway. Thankfully I realized what happened before I got my own safety off lol. Best part was it was 10 feet from an Iraqi general, division commander no less. They cleared his weapon and walked him away...never to be seen again...lol

Second was my cousin, who is a Marine, after his first tour in Iraq. He hadnt been home long when I was visiting him, and we had been out all afternoon plinking with just about everything we had, one of which was his .45. It got dark and we went in for dinner, we were sitting in the kitchen while my uncle cooked up some venison when my cousin dropped the mag and pointed the gun at the floor and pulled the trigger on what he thought was an empty chamber. Put a round squarely behind his black lab's ear killing him instantly. Had to drag him outside to he wouldnt bleed out all over the floor. Lost a good dog to learn a hard lesson.

Oh come on! Finish the story about your cousin! Or should I say his wife!

tonymcvay

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
First and only accidental discharge I ever had was with a Colt 1911. Was Being stupid was wiping down the gun to store and didnt check the chamber. Needless to say BOOM went through the corner of my shoe barely miising my foot. Needless to say learned a real good lesson that day.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a locksmith in Amarillo Texas a few years ago I got called out about midnight to make keys to a car where the husband took his wifes keys during an fight. After making the keys I went inside the house to collect for my work and she asked me if I would walk her out to her car in case her husband had come back around. She went into the bedroom and after a few seconds of waiting I hear BANG! I thought Oh crap he is in the house, I drew my Charter Arms .44 spl. stepped next to the bedroom door and called for her, After 2 times asking if she was o.k. she answered she was sorry but the gun went off? I went into the bedroom and she had a ruger single six that she had cocked and wanted to take it with her and was trying to lower the hammer and let it slip firing a round into the bed. I took the gun and unloaded it for her, Then I ended up buying it from her for the 100.00 she paid me for making her car key!

Latest posts

Top Bottom