Accidental Discharge Stories????

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

panayoti01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i was about 19. i had been around guns since i was 6 years old. i was dancing with this pretty blond girl. she kept gettting closer and closer holding me tighter and tighter ......... ooops wrong kind of accidental discharge!

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have luckily not had an AD thus far. I worked with two people who had AD's back when I worked in Law Enforcement. Had one who was cleaning a weapon and the AD resulted in his child being shot. Was freakin terrible obviously. The other was when the guy cleaned his Glock and inserted mag then pulled slide back with finger on the trigger. Round went inside his arm at the wrist and exited near his tricep muscle. Nasty wound but he was ok.

1911GI

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got one for you. In April 2005 I was preparing to deploy to Iraq, well the morning I was suppose to leave I got up early had a cup of coffee and was reading the paper enjoying the last free morning. The wife has a XD 9mm and asked me to show her how to disasseble it so she could clean it if she went to the range while I was gone, she brought it from the bedroom and I proceeded to disassemble said weapon assuming she dropped magazine and cleared weapon before giving me the pistol like a dumbass I didnt even check and began by locking slide to rear and flipping up slide release lever, as we all know you have to pull trigger to to get the slide to come off, well it caught the top round and BOOM it went. Story dosent end there folks, when I pulled the slide off, the meaty part of my palm was over the muzzle and a 147gr winchester ranger sxt went right through my hand almost taking of my finger, but wait the plot thickens the bullet exits my hand and hits my wife in the knee. a couple surgeries for the wife and a few stitches for myself and all is good now. It doesnt matter how many safties and loaded chamber indicators there are on a firearm if you are complacent like my wife and I were a Negligent discharge will happen. Hope everyone takes a little from this story

Holy crap....that same thing happened to a guy on a Mustand board I go on but with his Grandfather!

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lots of cocked hammer stories here . . . Single actions (and cocked DAs) represent lots of risk.

My own AD was with a Makarov that had been converted to DAO. (Don't do that--it's easy, but the sear will, at some point, give up and the gun will fire upon loading a round.) I killed a nice hospital grade duplex receptacle in my kitchen, with no witnesses and no visible damage after doing the electrical repair work. Darkness was immediate. The wall was very thick on the other side and contained the bullet. CB

Beavis556

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have never had one, but have been around one.

My buddy and I were dove hunting using 12 gauges. The hunting was getting slow so I came to sit beside him in the field. We were about 3 feet apart. His finger hit the boom switch and the safety was off also. BANG!

There is a very real chance that I would be a dead man today if he didn't at least practice proper muzzle safety by keeping the muzzle in a safe direction. At least he didn't booger up that part of gun safety. We were in BFE Oklahoma hours away from civilization. If it had been pointing at me and I didn't notice..... If I noticed it he probably would have gotten a swift rifle stock upside the head.

AR-SHOOTER29

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my buddy at work had a nice glock in 9mm. he was showing one of his friends the gun and then showed him the trigger pull and BAM it went off. he shot a hole in the wall and it went across the street. never found the lead.
my dad had a 30-30 and it went off and shot a hole in his truck kick plate. later we found out the gun had a recall for this unloading issue. had another buddy letting the hammer down on his 38 special and it slipped. he shot his safe and his family took like 15 minues to come in and check on him fearing he was dead.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
. Had one who was cleaning a weapon and the AD resulted in his child being shot. .

For the life of me I have never understood the "I was cleaning my gun and it went off theory"
My ex worked where a cell of lesbians worked as well, and one of them got into a jelous rage and shot the other in the chest with a .22. all said and done, no charges filed, with "cleaning the gun and it just went off".
The shooter, and the victim made up after a hospital stay and are still together. I've cleaned guns hundreds of times, and have never yet had an ad while doing it and don't see how it could happen??? First order of business.....clear the chamber????

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the life of me I have never understood the "I was cleaning my gun and it went off theory"
My ex worked where a cell of lesbians worked as well, and one of them got into a jelous rage and shot the other in the chest with a .22. all said and done, no charges filed, with "cleaning the gun and it just went off".
The shooter, and the victim made up after a hospital stay and are still together. I've cleaned guns hundreds of times, and have never yet had an ad while doing it and don't see how it could happen??? First order of business.....clear the chamber????

Do you use a 16 point chamber check? <evil grin>

You know, rack the slide 16 times to make sure its empty?

Latest posts

Top Bottom