Is ammo getting easier to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last couple of times I've been to Wally World, I've seen (and bought) both federal 9mm 50 packs and WWB 9mm 100 packs. Same for the .223 100 round value packs.

And the other day, I found two boxes of 380!!!

Seems like things are getting a bit easier to find. Not back to Pre-O levels, but still better.

anyone else noticing this or did I just get lucky.

Dave

sabot_round

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last couple of times I've been to Wally World, I've seen (and bought) both federal 9mm 50 packs and WWB 9mm 100 packs. Same for the .223 100 round value packs.

And the other day, I found two boxes of 380!!!

Seems like things are getting a bit easier to find. Not back to Pre-O levels, but still better.

anyone else noticing this or did I just get lucky.

Dave

I've noticed the same thing. I've even seen 38 spl and 357 mag at both wally worlds.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really the only thing I'm not seeing at least once in a while is the 380.
Yesterday morning I was at the local WM and they had some of just about everything except 380 and a few calibers had choices.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The caliber I see the most is .40 S&W. I see it practically every place I go. I'm still not finding much .380 at all.

But overall, I am seeing more ammo in more calibers out there than I was even six months ago. And most definitely more than I was finding 18 months ago, thank you BARRY much.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How Walmart decides what to ship where must be some giant math puzzle.

Altus OK has not had any 45 ACP at all in a long time... Up in Guthrie we have had some Winchester 100 pack and the Federal FMJ in ball ... off and on for a a few weeks. I even found one box of 230 Grain HP in Guthrie (I needed it so I bought it). Altus had a glut of 9mm FMJ... and I am seeing 223 in a lot of the stores lately. Altus had several kinds of 22 in stock this week.

357 Magnum--- 100 round boxes of Remington are hit and miss around the state. I am seeing some 125 and 110 grain HP Winchester in some of the stores around OK the last few weeks.
About the only 38 special I noted has been 130 grain FMJ... both Remington and Winchester. I really hope someone still ships 158 grain Round nosed lead... soon.

40 SW FMJ is everyplace I go lately.

I don't work for Walmart... but it seems I spend my lunch at locations around Arkansas and OK almost daily.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I reported this last Saturday about the newest WalMart in my area way out on south Elm in Broken Arrow having a shiteload of everything. The guy was stocking the ammo case and his overfill drawer at about 6pm and just had tons of .380 in the mega WWB boxes,.9mm,.40,.45,etc. And this store I wouldnt figure to be stocked like that on ammo it being in the middle of a upper middle class suburban residential area. I thought a stores demographics decided their stock on hand as much as what they sell gets restocked by computer. I guess alot of .380 owners live in the area because after reporting it here someone said they went there and the .380 was already gone. Wow. I usually shop at the 145th/71st store,the new far east Kenosha store, and in Coweta and almost never see .380. Theyve had alot of Federal 9mm lately and Ive been shooting the crap out of it at $9 something a box.

Latest posts

Top Bottom