Is ammo getting easier to get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Walmart by my house has had just about everything for a few months now.
I tend to go earrrrly in the morning so I text people and see what they want.

I've had no problems finding Federal 22LR 550 packs. Walmart doesn't carry 10mm so I have to find that elsewhere anyway if I don't feel like reloading. Academy always had 2-3 boxes of 10mm, even during the 08 hoarding.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wal-mart ammo has a ton of pistol ammo and 223 plus now they are carrying some new ammo in an orange and black box.

The 9mm in the Orange and Block box was marked at 18.97 per 50 round box and was just sitting there. Clerk at the one WalMart store told me that they are going to price it down to 12.97 a box.

Can't remember the brand off hand, but I think it is the same stuff that Sportsman's guide has had for 13 a box.

Dave

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
The 9mm in the Orange and Block box was marked at 18.97 per 50 round box and was just sitting there. Clerk at the one WalMart store told me that they are going to price it down to 12.97 a box.

Can't remember the brand off hand, but I think it is the same stuff that Sportsman's guide has had for 13 a box.

Dave

i think its being overlooked because of the price. it is RWS match grade ammo. the guys i have talked to said its really accurate. still tough to swallow at $17 a box. 45 still seems tough on the north side of town. Heartland has a bunch but its not plinker friendly.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's also 124gr

i think its being overlooked because of the price. it is RWS match grade ammo. the guys i have talked to said its really accurate. still tough to swallow at $17 a box. 45 still seems tough on the north side of town. Heartland has a bunch but its not plinker friendly.

ira41magfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sure got that right. Bass Pro in Tulsa had two boxes of Rem 41 mag the last time I was in there for $49.95 a box....OUCH!

FWIW, Basspro had 4 boxes saturday for 59.99. I'd like to see remington treat the 41 mag ammo as they do the 44 mag by utilizing the 25 round boxes. the price equals out the same for 50 rounds by you have the option of buying it 25 rounds at a time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom