SS Polishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CBCollier

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We do a lot of stainless steel polishing at work (engine hardware for antique cars) and we do all of it with a 8" buffer and various compounds. That being said, be carefull whom you have polish anything. This is one of the reasons that we set up to do our ourself. Some people have a tendency to round sharp corners during polishing and can actually ruin the finish depending on what type of stainless it is. Only the 300 series staniless polishes miror like. I think you would probably be best served, as mentioned before, with a good stainless steel polish and some good soft rags. We like to use old t-shirts for rags (white is the best). Just my :twocents:

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mothers works good. I've used jewlers rouge and some other fine idustrial compounds on stainless guns.

I never liked em real shiney.... we used to get some very fine scotchbright (red pads) and buff Smith and Wessons to a satin finish.

Dont over do the screw heads rolled stamps and square edges... it's pretty hard to put metal back

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Mothers works good. I've used jewlers rouge and some other fine idustrial compounds on stainless guns.

I never liked em real shiney.... we used to get some very fine scotchbright (red pads) and buff Smith and Wessons to a satin finish.

Dont over do the screw heads rolled stamps and square edges... it's pretty hard to put metal back

True! Just shiny enough to facilitate easy cleaning.

Latest posts

Top Bottom