Hello Its Me Again With Another Ar-15 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well here's my question. I got a gas block, and I've been reading about flip up sights. Man are they expensive. Well I've read alot and think I like Magpul Mbus sights the best. What expereince has anyone with flip up sights.

As usual thanks ahead time.

spamby

hotwire22

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It has been my experiance from looking through quite a few different BUIS that they are essentially all the same. Buy from a major manufacturer and you can't go wrong.

ef9turbo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like the Magpul MBUS rear, not so much the front. They flip up extremely quick and hold a zero. Best part is that they are super affordable. I just traded off my MBUS and another part for a Noveske/Troy rear battle sight.

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the Magpul rear sight also but the front doesn't have a spring loaded detent to hold sight position once you sight in elevation, it has a roll pin to hold in place. The threads on the sight are actually really tight and may stay in place without the roll pin, maybe?? Also since it's plastic, you can't put it on a railed gas block.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seem to recall something about needing a different sight height depending on if you are mounting it on a gas block or you are mounting on a hand guard rail.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update, I found Magpul flip up sights at Brownels and ordered them today. Brownels was the only place that the rear one was in stock so I ordered them.

Can't wait for them to get here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom