3" 12 ga buckshot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
15 pellets..wouldn't shoot it in a pistol grip gun, but a full wood stock ought to be just fine. Might hit you a little harder, but it is gonna really suck being the bad guy taking this hit, and it will have range, but that is great if you are on an acreage and defending it, otherwise I am sure it is overkill by a huge margin...what do you all think? anyone use it?

44minimum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, it is going to recoil a bit more and not allow you to get back on target quite as quickly. I don't see that it would have any more range than 2 3/4 ammo but if you do have to shoot somebody with it, they should go down pretty quickly. I wouldn't really have a problem using it.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I bought a box of these....once. And that was enough. Its a strong blast and a lot of recoil but I dont think there is any range gained.Anything past about 20 yards needs a slug. Or just grab a rifle and be done with it.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good luck following up after the first shot. Have you ever tried to fire multiple times with 3" buckshot?

thats why my old OHP buddy laughed when he gave me those 3" slugs. I uughm, still got them just in case, ya know what I mean. To the guy with 3.5" shells.....holy cow, talk about one shot stops. That might be the definition of it..A wall of buckshot, or a damn dense circle of it for sure.

I just wanted to see if anyone used it. I know ballistics, but if they make it, then some crazy fella has got to be stoking something with it...3.5" not for me, thanks. Would like a video of someone shooting one in a pistol grip gun. 2.75's are rough on the web of my hand, no comparison to a 3.5 I would imagine. If you got in a shoot out involving a car, the larger shell would be the way to go though.

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats why my old OHP buddy laughed when he gave me those 3" slugs. I uughm, still got them just in case, ya know what I mean. To the guy with 3.5" shells.....holy cow, talk about one shot stops. That might be the definition of it..A wall of buckshot, or a damn dense circle of it for sure.

I just wanted to see if anyone used it. I know ballistics, but if they make it, then some crazy fella has got to be stoking something with it...3.5" not for me, thanks. Would like a video of someone shooting one in a pistol grip gun. 2.75's are rough on the web of my hand, no comparison to a 3.5 I would imagine. If you got in a shoot out involving a car, the larger shell would be the way to go though.

I have shotguns for HD, but they are actually for duck/geese/turkey hunting, so no pistol grips or 18" barrels, 3.5's are great for those long shots on geese and gobblers.

So I might as well take advantage for a life threatening situation as well. My wife refuses to shoot our 00 buck shot 3.5's unless in a life threatening situation, she said that way she won't flinch (I bet she still would). One thing for sure, she is good shot on ducks with our 3" mags.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have shotguns for HD, but they are actually for duck/geese/turkey hunting, so no pistol grips or 18" barrels, 3.5's are great for those long shots on geese and gobblers.

So I might as well take advantage for a life threatening situation as well. My wife refuses to shoot our 00 buck shot 3.5's unless in a life threatening situation, she said that way she won't flinch (I bet she still would). One thing for sure, she is good shot on ducks with our 3" mags.

folks may not flinch before they pull the trigger, but that shell is gonna make most people move a little afterwards. 18 pellets....now that is a payload. that is actually twice that of a 2.75 even in a seller beliot round with 9 pellets. Its gotta recoil, to belch all the lead out.

-Maximus-

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
folks may not flinch before they pull the trigger, but that shell is gonna make most people move a little afterwards. 18 pellets....now that is a payload. that is actually twice that of a 2.75 even in a seller beliot round with 9 pellets. Its gotta recoil, to belch all the lead out.

Oh yeah they kick like a mule, but everything in front of the barrel gets destroyed. Due to cost and low need for destruction of my shoulder, shooting them for fun is out of the question.

Latest posts

Top Bottom