hand gun prices coming down?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rr2008

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it just me or does it seem that handgun (don't know about rifle) prices have started to come down a bit the last couple of months?

I think I'm seeing asking prices in the classifieds here are down around 10%. In some of the retail shops I have noticed on some makes that prices aren't what they were 3 months ago. This may be a seasonal thing but I don't know that.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New handguns may be more reasonable right now after everybody ordered big during the Great Post Election Rush of '08 & '09. By the time it all showed up, the panic was over.

As for used, some folks who bought during the above mentioned event very likely paid too much and are trying not to sell at a loss. I can't say I blame them, but they might have to sit on some of these guns a while.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They should go down a little. After your 1st one, guns are a sort of luxury item. With the economy in the tank, everyone has to make concessions in one form or another.

88gmchog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have noticed a little redustion in stores, not private though..... i got a better deal locally on a xd9 subcompact new than i could get one in the classifieds... but oh well atleast i know its new, mine and clean and at $504.52 out the door with 100rds of ammo its not a bad deal. the rockisland commands model 1911 is next a $532!

Latest posts

Top Bottom