Homemade Gun Racks, Post Pics of Yours

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goodoleboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goal was to get something that did not look like "Grandpas gunrack"..We needed a wall rack to keep my guns off the floor, and leaning against the wall because they were easily getting knocked over, and didnt want the kids playing with them.. I usually keep all my guns in the safe But I pull a few out of the safe on occasion to inspect or admire for a day or two..Thats the dole purpose of the rack.

I searched pretty hard looking The ones I saw online and in local stores could not accommodate the longer magazines Found on Ak's and Similar Semui Auto rifles.

Built using bicycle racks and a piece of scrap wood I had onhand,which was the only long piece suitable for the project. I stained the wood with with Minwax"Red Mahogany" polyurethane stain...

Took about 30 minutes to cut, stain, screw the racks to the wood. Not really a quality piece as far as looks go, i may redo it, and spend a whole hours making it look nicer.HAHHA

If you have pics,I encourage you to post pics of your racks..

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_DSCF3371.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_DSCF3372.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_DSCF3373.jpg

ai30.photobucket.com_albums_c331_goodoleboy_DSCF3375.jpg

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I built this one out of left over oak stair runners from when we built our house. As you can see, I didn't make the base deep enough, but it still works.

[Broken External Image]

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a gun rack, but a homemade weapon rack. Does that still count?

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Made from a single piece of 1x4 and a dowel rod, with a jigsaw, some screws, and some glue. Just saw it in my head and made it, lol. I left an extra spot for another sword I want (a dual wakizashi set), but my wife says I don't need any more, lol. And yes, that is the katana of Takezo Kensei

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a gun rack, but a homemade weapon rack. Does that still count?

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Made from a single piece of 1x4 and a dowel rod, with a jigsaw, some screws, and some glue. Just saw it in my head and made it, lol. I left an extra spot for another sword I want (a dual wakizashi set), but my wife says I don't need any more, lol. And yes, that is the katana of Takezo Kensei

Is Donatello out on the prowl or did his Bo get stolen?

ENC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Goodoleboy I really like your homemade rack. I am still using the one I made in Shop class in the seventh grade but anything with a big box mag or scope takes up at least two of the four available spaces.

Evan

jedc53

New to the site!
Reaction score
I really like your homemade rack.I am still using the one I made in Shop class in the seventh grade but anything with a big box mag or scope takes up at least two of the four available spaces.I was planning on one bar to the bottle supports, so I could still get the bottle on from the other side.

Latest posts

Top Bottom