any one know how to use the garand tool

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ihave one cant figer out how it works. broke a extractor had to push the ejector in with small screw driver & push out broken extractor pin with small phillips screw driver. thanks for any info

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you seriously don't know how to take it apart please take it to a gunsmith or bring it to me, there are a lot of parts you have to take apart to replace an extractor and if you put it back together wrong you can mess things up pretty bad.

It is not an expensive fix to have a gunsmith do it.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i took it apart & put it back together i just could not figger out how to use the bolt take down part of the garand tool . it has a chamber brush one one end & a gas plug screw on the other along with the bolt take down tool. PS the queistion was not how to fix the bolt. it was how to use the tool

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To remove the Extractor get a firm grip of the brush end of the tool. Note the little metal tab on the side of the brush's base. This will act like a lever.

Next insert the brush's base into the face of the bolt making sure that the 'lever' part of the tool protrudes from in between the edge of the bolt and the extractor. At this stage a fairly large amount of pressure needs to be applied to the brush base so that the ejector spring is compressed.

When you have applied enough pressure that the entire bottom of the brush base touches the face of the bolt turn the combo tool clockwise so that the 'lever' pushes up and out on the extractor. Note how we put a finger or thumb over the extractor when doing this operation. This keeps it from flying off in an uncontrolled fashion.

When the extractor comes free - slowly release pressure on the combo tool. I maintain full pressure on the tool during this entire operation so the ejector does not fly out of the bolt and become lost.

After controlling the release of the ejector simply push the extractor the rest of the way out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom