AR-15 buttstock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolando

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are the options for buttstocks that would go with a milspec 6 position buffer tube. Are there fixed stocks that are compatible with this setup or do most fixed stocks require a different buffer tube?
Are teh 6 position buffers just for the adjustable stocks?

I have the Ace skeleton in mind. Any other suggestions for simple, light, fixed no frills stocks?

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert, but I believe that fixed stocks simply have a round tube. I've never seen one "key holed" to accept a six position buffer tube.

BTW, the Ace is fugly :)

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are the options for buttstocks that would go with a milspec 6 position buffer tube. Are there fixed stocks that are compatible with this setup or do most fixed stocks require a different buffer tube?
Are teh 6 position buffers just for the adjustable stocks?

I have the Ace skeleton in mind. Any other suggestions for simple, light, fixed no frills stocks?

I don't know of any fixed AR stock that has a buffer-tube compatible with an adjustable stock (they're quite a bit different).

There are only a few different types of buffers - Rifle, standard Carbine, H-Buffer (heavy), H2 (heavier), and then you get into the different custom weights from various high-end manufacturers.

I don't believe rifle buffers and carbine buffers are interchangeable (reliably), though to be fair, I've never tried.

The Ace is a hard stock to beat for a light-weight fixed stock, but its not very friendly to comfort unless your body/cheek-weild/trigger-pull-length/etc... are a match to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom