Suggestion to help differentiate between good guys and bad guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would like to see some LEO opinions on this as well please.

I dont remember if I seen this from someone here or not. But why not wear your SDA card around your neck, and under your shirt, and If a situation arises, Either before, or after you have to draw your weapon, pop out the card, and maybe even throw it over your back?

Just like anything, It would not be foolproof, but I think it would help. opinions?

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess that would be the same as a badge...looks like impersonating a police officer.

My best guess would be (an only a guess) that when the cops arrive, the gun goes down and hands go up...let them sort out who is good and who is bad to their own satisfaction.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess that would be the same as a badge...looks like impersonating a police officer.

My best guess would be (an only a guess) that when the cops arrive, the gun goes down and hands go up...let them sort out who is good and who is bad to their own satisfaction.

What if you are impersonating a good guy?, no a police officer. lol

Here's a scenario...

What if a good guy, and a bad guy, are holding a gun on each other as the police pull up?

LOL... I dont think there is a decent answer for this logically.

But pullng the CARD out (NOT a badge) seems like it might help, however dorky it may seem.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What if you are impersonating a good guy?, no a police officer. lol

Here's a scenario...

What if a good guy, and a bad guy, are holding a gun on each other as the police pull up?

LOL... I dont think there is a decent answer for this logically.

But pullng the CARD out (NOT a badge) seems like it might help, however dorky it may seem.

So somewhere in the midst of "holding a gun" on someone you are going to divert your attention and whip out your CHL that is on a chain around your neck? Wait, don't you see alot of the cops on TV wear their badges on a chain around their neck? Shouldn't the CHL be in a nice leather holder that flips open to display it at all times to differentiate you as a "good guy"? lol

Not sure what problem you are trying to fix here but your scenarios aren't typical. The more typical scenario is CHL holder pulls weapons and shoots BG, then waits for LEO to arrive. They aren't coming into the situation with guns blazing, so there won't be any reason to whip out your neck chain with a CHL on it. If you are in a situation where you and a BG are pointing guns at each other you are already screwed, showing your CHL is the last thing you need to be worried about.

You can wear your CHL any way you wish, I don't have any need to add a chain around my neck with my CHL on it.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So somewhere in the midst of "holding a gun" on someone you are going to divert your attention and whip out your CHL that is on a chain around your neck? Wait, don't you see alot of the cops on TV wear their badges on a chain around their neck? Shouldn't the CHL be in a nice leather holder that flips open to display it at all times to differentiate you as a "good guy"? lol

Not sure what problem you are trying to fix here but your scenarios aren't typical. The more typical scenario is CHL holder pulls weapons and shoots BG, then waits for LEO to arrive. They aren't coming into the situation with guns blazing, so there won't be any reason to whip out your neck chain with a CHL on it. If you are in a situation where you and a BG are pointing guns at each other you are already screwed, showing your CHL is the last thing you need to be worried about.

You can wear your CHL any way you wish, I don't have any need to add a chain around my neck with my CHL on it.

This does make sense... Agreed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom