Re-finishing stainless steel revolvers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my understanding that stainless revolvers can be bead blasted to restore their original finish. I've got a couple of stainless revolvers that I'd like freshened up. Are there any local shops that do that?

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's my understanding that stainless revolvers can be bead blasted to restore their original finish. I've got a couple of stainless revolvers that I'd like freshened up. Are there any local shops that do that?

What kind of finish? Bead blast isn't going to be a smooth shiny finish... you need a buffing wheel for that.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bead blasted looks like this.....

ai75.photobucket.com_albums_i295_tyromeo55_IMG_0497.jpg

greg1996zz

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What kind of finish? Bead blast isn't going to be a smooth shiny finish... you need a buffing wheel for that.

Just a nice matte finish like it came from the factory. I just want the little scratches taken out and shiny spots from holster wear to be matte again. I'm not looking for pimpy shiny nickel like finish.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If mike doesn't have time to do it, bring it to Tulsa for an hour, I can do it and you can watch.

You can do it yourself but you have to take it apart first and cap both ends of the barrel and chamber or you can hurt the inside of the barrel and chambers.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great looking pistols and revolvers.
Shoot Summ, the SAI micro, did you melt the rounds and corners before bead-blasting?

Yes, in fact that is an old pic, it has an extreme melt now, a poor pic, but enough to show what I've done, I spent alot of time blending everything in.

ai83.photobucket.com_albums_j300_sksummers_Gats_DSC02673.jpg

Take note of the cylinder on the little smith, it was blasted, then I finished it with a surebrite wheel leaving the depressions blasted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom