What are some good fixed site options for cc .380s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry the Ruger LCP now. I had a Kel-tec before. Both are decent guns but the all black fixed sites are difficult to see, especially when my allergies are acting up. I'm not really wanting to add the extra bulk of a laser. I haven't seen any other options but wondered if anyone here knew of anything to make these sites stand out more.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a laser on my LCP, and don't think it added any weight or bulk worth fretting over. It's the option I would recommend. That being said, I sold it and bought a Kahr P380. If you have the extra cash, it's worth the premium for the sights alone (and night sights are an option); but especially because it's a better shooter (more manageable recoil).

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two options:
1) Mix a dime-sized drop of devcon 2 ton epoxy, and add 3-4 drops of the Testors High Gloss model paint of your choice. Apply CAREFULLY to your degreased front blade. Cost, about $6.

2) XS sights Standard or regular front dot. Cost about $65.

Dbltap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have an LCP that I taped off and painted the front sight orange and rear notch outline white using some nail polish. Can pick up the sights a lot quicker now. Painted the front sight of my S&W 642 orange nail polish about 6 years ago, carried quite a bit, shot about 5-600 rounds, and still looks good, nice and bright, maybe the serrations helped it stay on.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too have an LCP and although better sites would be nice they would only get used for target practice. If I have to defend myself with the gun there probably won't be time to pick up thise tiny little sights. Especially since hitting anything over 7 yards with that gun under stress is not something I want to bet my life on.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These things are supposed to be extension of your arm. I really don't need anything upto the 21ft sda range, but a dot of luminous model paint on the front and rear might prove things if need be, can be found at hobby lobby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom