What kind of man (or woman) are you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite?

• Baitcast

Votes: 54 32.7%
  • Spinning

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • Spincast

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • All of the above - I mix it up

Votes: 55 33.3%
  • None - I don't fish

Votes: 18 10.9%

• Total voters

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spinning is what I started on. I still have the first rod I ever trout fished with. An old antique fiberglass abomination my dad won in a trout derby 50 years with a tank of Mitchell reel on it. It put many a limit of trout in the pan and on the grill before graphite took it's place and I started mainly catching and releasing. Family vacations were always Ozark trout parks as a kid, it used to be the in thing to see who could limit out the fastest and be back at the cabin first after the bell. I really thought I was cooler than the other side of the pillow at 8-9 years old the times I beat the old guys in.:D Didn't take long to figure out I'd rather catch and release and fish all day.

Been slinging a fly rod since I was 12-13 years old or so, but you damn sure wouldn't know it to see me cast.I blame too few days on the river.:lookaroun I get the most enjoyment out of fly fishing, though.:thumb:

Don't care for baitcast or the others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use baitcast and spinning. I'm good with both, but I prefer a 7' Med-Hvy rod with a good casting reel.

I usually let my wife take the spinning reel and I keep my two baitcasters with me. I keep one rigged with my favorite worm on a Texas rig and the other with a hard bait. I like shallow cranks for ponds as well as rattle traps and spinner baits.

RaysZ71

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spinning all the way. That's what I started with when I was 5 and that's all I've used since. Works great for me so no need to change it up.

Latest posts

Top Bottom