Just purchased a Sig 556 Classic....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kracka00

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Along with a Springfield XDm .40 cal "Bi-Tone" stainless slide. And a 4th gen Glock 23 .40 Cal.

Loving the Sig 556304 Classic "Swiss" with folding stock 17" barrel, 1/7 twist. Came with Red Dot Optical 1x site as well as Dialoptic sites. Don't really care for the "Swiss" style handgaurd though. But apparently the Swiss style guards are sought after right now. Looking forward to meeting some folks and learning some stuff. And hopefully doing some trading and local purchasing.

Thanks!

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v77_thoallen_cid__1_0D2AA28C0D2A9FA8006EC0548525.jpg

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

zseese

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was built 4/20 of last month. I beleive the guy said it was 4th Gen, newest generation out. Has the "back straps" But he could have been yankin' my crank.

Whiteys Pawn Shop in Sand Springs. He buys and sells brand new Glocks. Prices compairable to OPS and Sports World.

http://gunholsters.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/glock-23-gun-nicknames.jpg

no, im pretty sure if it has the changeable back straps, its a gen 4 so neat purchase, do the straps it comes with actually make a difference? Oh and welcome!!!

Kracka00

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Actually thats the part i don't get. It has a molded all-terain backstrap that doesn't look like it can be removed. However i have the "Compact" 13 rnd capacity model (not to be confused with the "Sub-Compact").

I don't know if the removeable backstrap option only comes on the full size Glocks or what, beause my box only had two mag's and a mag loader in the case.

However the Springfield XD-m bi-tone DID come with a whole "Tech Kit" that included 3 stainless 16 Rnd capacity mags, a form fitting polymer holster and a polymer double magazine holder, as well as 3 small, medium and large interchangeable back straps. Stock the .40 XDm Bi-Tone came with a medium backstrap, but it was too small for my big hand. Kind of made me shoot to the left a little bit. Changed the backstrap out to the large size and finally the gun tucked perfectly into my hand and made a HUGE differance in accuracy for me!

I friggin love the springfield XD-m! Best handgun i've ever owned. Came with a polished ramp and everything, very well made handgun. Which i guess is quite apparent due the massive publicity these XD models receive on a weekly basis in the magazines and so on.

And the Sig 556 AR-15 (variant). What else can i say, the handsom bastard just brings a tear to my eye everytime i crack open that blue rifle case. The sheer dead on accuracy and craftsmanship of the Sig is just amazing.

Crowmosly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, get ready for when the finish is stripped off the receiver of the 556, behind the ejection port. That sucker throws brass about 15 yards, and dents the throats of the cases in. But I love mine...

Latest posts

Top Bottom