Sooner State Pawn Best Choice Preps The MIGHTY PEN Co 2A Shooting Center Fat Boy Tactical Badshot Gun Show Mark's Firearms

Default Reloading supplies in OKC area

I am starting to reload for my 44Mag again for the first time in 20 plus years. I usually by all my reloading components for shotgun and rifle from Gene Sears, but after waiting for a couple of months, they have no large pistol mag primers, 44 Mag brass, or 240 gr bullets. Were else in the OKC area stocks a selection of reloading supplies. Yes, I know at Bass Pro. Tried them. I need primers, brass, and some hard cast 240gr SWC. Just trying to avoid the hazmat fee on a sleeve of primers with online orders.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Tim

Default Re: Reloading supplies in OKC area

H&H has them. They are pricey, but they have them.

USAF ret.
    Sniper, Rifle, Pistol Team
    NRA LM
    NAHC LM

Feedback: http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...5822-angsniper

Quote Originally Posted by tiny68 View Post
    I am starting to reload for my 44Mag again for the first time in 20 plus years. I usually by all my reloading components for shotgun and rifle from Gene Sears, but after waiting for a couple of months, they have no large pistol mag primers, 44 Mag brass, or 240 gr bullets. Were else in the OKC area stocks a selection of reloading supplies. Yes, I know at Bass Pro. Tried them. I need primers, brass, and some hard cast 240gr SWC. Just trying to avoid the hazmat fee on a sleeve of primers with online orders.

Any suggestions? Thanks, Tim
    You can get lead bullets from J&K in Moore. As for primers I don't use Magnum primers, I just use Large Pistol Primers.

i was surprised by how reasonable cast boolits were at outdoor america. i thnk i gave around 12-13 for 44 and 45 last week. they were bags of 200. 9mm was just a little over $9.

Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot about Outdoor America. I assume still the same location. Haven't been there in 10 plus years. I will also check H&H. They have always been higher, but typically have a good stock.

Please give me some contact info for J&K in Moore.

Once again, many thanks. Tim

It might be wort the drive to go on out to Jene Sears in Elreno. 30mi. west
    of OKC on I 40
    Have a good Day.

Calamity Jake
    NRA Life
    My feedback page
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread...t=calamityjake

What we have here is a failure to read.

I was recently informed that Gene Sears has a website....I know he's already tried there but its still good info to have.

http://www.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/

Patron

For lead bullets J&K all the way. The hardest cleanest bullets I've worked with in that price range. And they've started carrying plated bullets as well.
    "Half of writing history is hiding the truth." Cpt Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Gabriel: "This thing is loaded?!"
    Gabriel's Mom: "Well it ain't no paper weight!"
    - From "Intelligence"

My Feedback Thread:
    http://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?62054-Hawgman

That third generation place is outrageous! Over $200 more for the bulk pack of 55 grain Hornady's. Cross that one off the list.

If you are going to mail order, check out Wideners. For local stuff, Heartland does pretty good as does H&H.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mike_pinto View Post
    That third generation place is outrageous! Over $200 more for the bulk pack of 55 grain Hornady's. Cross that one off the list.

If you are going to mail order, check out Wideners. For local stuff, Heartland does pretty good as does H&H.

Mike
    I thought they were reasonably priced but I only looked at a few things on their website such as 6.5mm Hornday SST and Hornady brass in 6.5 Grendel. They're priced the same as Midway, so if you wanted to pick up something locally, I didn't think it was a bad deal.

Quote Originally Posted by oneof79 View Post
    You can get lead bullets from J&K in Moore. As for primers I don't use Magnum primers, I just use Large Pistol Primers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawgman View Post
    For lead bullets J&K all the way. The hardest cleanest bullets I've worked with in that price range. And they've started carrying plated bullets as well.
    Thanks guys! I really appreciate the plug!

Quote Originally Posted by dlbleak View Post
    i was surprised by how reasonable cast boolits were at outdoor america. i thnk i gave around 12-13 for 44 and 45 last week. they were bags of 200. 9mm was just a little over $9.
    Just don't shoot them very fast. I upset one of the salesmen awhile back when I dug my thumbnail into one of their bullets. He told me to quit "denting" their bullets. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tiny68 View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. I forgot about Outdoor America. I assume still the same location. Haven't been there in 10 plus years. I will also check H&H. They have always been higher, but typically have a good stock.

Please give me some contact info for J&K in Moore.

Once again, many thanks. Tim
    See my sig line below. Feel free to call us any time! Thanks, Mitch

Outdoor America was a frequent stop for me when I lived in Norman.

No powder at Outdoor America. City requires a sprinkler system, and they don't have one. CB