Why can't we own a GLOCK .380?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cinman14

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The MAIN reason is because the 25 and 28 operate as BLOWBACKS, instead of locked-breech pistols like the rest of the Glock line; because of that, they don't get enough "import points" to be allowed to be imported under US laws, and they're treated the same as the cheap "Saturday Night Specials" that were imported from Spain, Italy, and Germany before 1968. If Glock built them in the US, they'd be perfectly legal, but they can't be built somewhere else and then be imported.

I found this on another site....

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Point System"

Pistols: A pistol must earn at least 75 points from the following characteristic areas:

Overall Length For each 1/4" over 6", 1 pt.
Frame Construction If investment cast or forged steel, 15 pts.; if investment cast or forged HTS alloy, 20 pts.
Weight One pt. per ounce; most pistols weigh between 15-40 ounces.
Caliber If between .22 LR and .380 ACP, three pts.; if 9mm or larger, 10 pts.
Safety Features Firing pin block or lock, 10 pts.; locked breech, loaded chamber indicator and magazine safety, 5 pts. each; grip safety, 3 pts.
Misc. Equipment Double-action mechanism, 10 pts.; click adjustble target sight, 10 pts.; drift adjustable target sight, five pts.; target grips, five pts.; target trigger and external hammer, two pts. each.

Revolvers: A revolver must earn at least 45 points from the following characteristic areas:

Barrel length For each 1/4" over 4", 1/2 pt.
Frame construction If investment cast or forged steel, 15 pts.; if investment cast or forged HTS alloy, 20 pts.
Weight One pt. per ounce. Most revolvers weigh between 15-50 ounces.
Caliber If .22 LR and .30 to .38 S&W, three pts.; if .357 Mag. or larger, 5 pts.
Misc. Equipment Adjustable target sights, five pts.; target grips, five pts.; target hammer and trigger, five pts.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "Point System"

Pistols: A pistol must earn at least 75 points from the following characteristic areas:

Overall Length For each 1/4" over 6", 1 pt.
Frame Construction If investment cast or forged steel, 15 pts.; if investment cast or forged HTS alloy, 20 pts.
Weight One pt. per ounce; most pistols weigh between 15-40 ounces.
Caliber If between .22 LR and .380 ACP, three pts.; if 9mm or larger, 10 pts.
Safety Features Firing pin block or lock, 10 pts.; locked breech, loaded chamber indicator and magazine safety, 5 pts. each; grip safety, 3 pts.
Misc. Equipment Double-action mechanism, 10 pts.; click adjustble target sight, 10 pts.; drift adjustable target sight, five pts.; target grips, five pts.; target trigger and external hammer, two pts. each.

Revolvers: A revolver must earn at least 45 points from the following characteristic areas:

Barrel length For each 1/4" over 4", 1/2 pt.
Frame construction If investment cast or forged steel, 15 pts.; if investment cast or forged HTS alloy, 20 pts.
Weight One pt. per ounce. Most revolvers weigh between 15-50 ounces.
Caliber If .22 LR and .30 to .38 S&W, three pts.; if .357 Mag. or larger, 5 pts.
Misc. Equipment Adjustable target sights, five pts.; target grips, five pts.; target hammer and trigger, five pts.

You know - I used to wonder about the import regulations on Handguns, but that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm embarassed for our government for letting these regs pass.

Makes Fiengold and her "barrel shroud" look good.

GOTOGUY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know - I used to wonder about the import regulations on Handguns, but that is honestly the dumbest thing I've ever read. I'm embarassed for our government for letting these regs pass.

Makes Fiengold and her "barrel shroud" look good.

It's insanity. We are one of the most "cultured" of all countries, the wealthiest, yet we have one of the highest murder rates; we have tons and tons of laws but we appear to be one of the most lawless societies on earth. Everything is flip-flopped. We are GOING to HELL!!!

:soapbox:

Latest posts

Top Bottom