in IDPA, do you have to shoot a classifier?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i am wanting to get started in IDPA and have read over the rule book. i notice there is a classifier round. is this what you have to shoot before you can be in a match? or just something you do after you are a member?

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the local club matches you do not have to shoot a classifier. If you want to compete in a regional IDPA event you would need to shoot a classifier. The reason for the classifier is so you compete against people of your same skill level. At least that is my understanding of the classifier process.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just bring your gear to the range June 12, 0930 sign up, 1000 start.
You need your gun, strong side holster that covers the trigger, at least 2 reload devices (magazine or speedloader, as appropriate), plus eye and ear protection. Bring 3 boxes ammo and $10.
You do not have to be an IDPA member the first times, and you don't have to shoot a classifier now. All you have to do to start is show up.
http://www.itpsc.net

TonerGuy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to shoot a classifier just to put a solid label on how bad I suck. ;-)
Your being to hard on yourself, you don't suck that bad! :blush: Just kidding with ya, at least you take your finger out of the trigger guard when moving and don't break the 180 rule!! Never mind the 180 rule, it dosent exist in IDPA.

Latest posts

Top Bottom