Browning x-bolts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Browning A-Bolt Medallion in 7mm mag and I love it. It's got the BOSS system and it a real tack driver. Got a great, smooth action and a nice trigger. From what I understand about the X-Bolt, it's much like the A-bolt: 3 locking lug, 60 degree bolt throw, tang safety, detachable mag,factory glass bedding. I don't think I would like the polymer mag as much as the steel 1 on A-bolts, but time will tell. The bolt is smaller in (x-bolt) diameter and the 3 lugs are configured differently between the 2. The X-bolt is supposed to be an improvement over the A-bolt.

Edgehead918

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great. Thanks for the info. Ive looked at the A-bolts as well and like them a lot. I'm wanting a synthetic stock for sure and Ive read about the new trigger on the xbolt. Is the BOSS a worthwhile upgrade?

mr.haney

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have two A bolts and love them both.My white gold medallion has the boss and I really like the reduced recoil but it is very very loud.

Latest posts

Top Bottom