Lefty 308 custom action makers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only one I found was Bighorn. I talked to Surgeon who said they don't have anything of the drawing board for lefties. Really would prefer something that had a built in rail, but I'll take what I can get.

Rocketguns

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you looked at Montana Rifle Company, I have seen some of there rifles and they are sweeeet. They used the Pre 64 Winchester Model 70 as the basis for there design and used updated tooling and technology to build rhere rifles and actions.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
QTRMOA is a lefty and he shoots right-handed guns.

In the prone, he's lightning fast and when you watch him manipulate the bolt - its almost as if he has an advantage because he doesn't have to take his trigger hand out of place (his support hand is what moves to work the bolt).

After watching him do this a few times, it was almost enough to make me want to shoot mine that way.

If you're planning on shooting prone and are a lefty, I'd look at doing it with a right-handed gun (you might just find that you have an advantage over the right-handed people).

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
QTRMOA is a lefty and he shoots right-handed guns.

In the prone, he's lightning fast and when you watch him manipulate the bolt - its almost as if he has an advantage because he doesn't have to take his trigger hand out of place (his support hand is what moves to work the bolt).

After watching him do this a few times, it was almost enough to make me want to shoot mine that way.

If you're planning on shooting prone and are a lefty, I'd look at doing it with a right-handed gun (you might just find that you have an advantage over the right-handed people).

Very true!! I'm a southpaw, and prone with a bipod/bag or off the bench I use my right hand to operate the bolt. I also have two lefthanded guns, both of them are Remingtons, the rest are right handed guns. The only righthanded gun I don't operate with my right support hand is my 1903A3. I do the overhand.

tjones96761

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a discussion similar to this in the general awhile back. same now as it was then -

"all my guns are lefties. Had to pay a little extra, but they fit properly. If I was right handed I'd be permanently broke. I can't pass up a left handed rifle that I want when I come across one. If I was right handed there would be boundless opportunities.

If there are so many advantages and it isn't a detriment to shoot a right handed gun as a lefty, how come no righties shoot left handed guns? cause it's a pain in the a$$ that's why!"

I shudder at the thought of buying a right hand gun, because I might decide I like it. :lookaroun But if some of you right hand guys start shooting left handed maybe the gun makers will get a clue and start making more of them. So you have my full support. If any of you guys wanna shoot a lefty I can hook you up in about 20 different gun/caliber combinations.
:rubhands:

udiablo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way ahead of you TJones......I have and shoot both.

My LH is an HS Precision HTR, smooth, accurate, and excellent trigger.

My RH's include Surgeon, Stiller, and tuned Rem700 actions.

Suggest you stick to getting exactly what you want.

Other custom actions you might consider are Defiance, Stiller, and you might contact GA Precision about one of their Templar actions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom