LWRC rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was really wanting to buy an LWRC m6a2 or a3 and purchase an 6.5 upper later on if i could. i know lwrc makes an 6.8 which is an good round to, but i think the 6.5 is better for hunting. is it possible to put an piston 6.5 upper from a different manufacture on an LWRC lower. Im also having trouble finding an manufacture making 6.5 for an ar. if there is any other quality piston ar's that offer 6.5 I might would consider them too for a complete rifle with the 223 then purchasing the 6.5 upper from that company. dont know if any would even be as good as LWRC from what i have read an herd. thanks for the help.

MadDawg

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The 6.8 is just as good as a 6.5 for hunting.

If you really think otherwise and want a 6.5 upper I know a guy who had his 6.8 rebarreled to 6.5. Havent had him back over to see how well it works.

As an aside, a young man shot his 6.8 AR out to 800. I was impressed. I dont mess with modified mouse guns, no idea what kinds of bullets handloaders can get, but I dont see how .2 makes a difference on game.

WCMS

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 6.8 is just as good as a 6.5 for hunting.

If you really think otherwise and want a 6.5 upper I know a guy who had his 6.8 rebarreled to 6.5. Havent had him back over to see how well it works.

As an aside, a young man shot his 6.8 AR out to 800. I was impressed. I dont mess with modified mouse guns, no idea what kinds of bullets handloaders can get, but I dont see how .2 makes a difference on game.

thanks. if its a complicated thing or hard to find i sure i would be happy with the 6.8 i bet there is not much difference between the 2 anyway. just herd the 6.5 had a bit more distance on it, and could be used for varmit as well so i thought if it was possible for me to get then why not. i dont know how hard it is to rebarrell a gun but its probably not worth it for me. if nothing else i bet the 6.8 would be good if its my only option.

Latest posts

Top Bottom