Swedish Mauser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

It's a mount like that style, but I believe it was from Accumount. I think mine is longer also.

Has anyone see the sights made by Mojosights? http://www.mojosights.com/swedish_mausers.html

I've seen them. I've even seen them on one rifle, but I've never actually shot one. I would want to put on correct Swede peep sights if I were going to go that route.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've seen them. I've even seen them on one rifle, but I've never actually shot one. I would want to put on correct Swede peep sights if I were going to go that route.

I've shot a M96 with a Mojo sight - hated it. The peep is just WAY too far forward to be of much use - IMHO.

You might do as I did - find a FSR-prepped M96 (FSR stands for "Frivilliga Skytterorelsen", the Swedish national shooter's association). The Swedes drilled mounting holes in the receiver for one of a variety of diopter peep sights, and used those rifles in competitions. I believe some of the conversions were done by Army arsenals, and others were done by Army-approved gunsmiths. Those Swedes were - and still are - extremely serious about their shooting competitions, so an FSR M96 will be an excellent shooter. A large number of FSR rifles have made their way Stateside, so you can enjoy an excellent sight picture without screwing up the value of your M96. Heck, the FSR rifles command a bit of a premium over the standard M96's, especially if you find one with a rare sight. Some of them came without sights, so you'd have to measure the mounting holes to figure out which sight you need, and find one of those. Not hard, just takes a bit of patience.

I don't have any good pics of my diopter'ed M96's, but here's a pic of someone else's FSR M96, with a Pramm diopter. It's a good setup.

ai244.photobucket.com_albums_gg7_niklausp_smallPicture024.jpg

To the OP: sorry to derail your thread! Please do post those pics; we'd love to see them :)

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The M96 is one of those milsurp rifles that is dead-on accurate just as they are. The sights are excellent, woo-to-metal fit is exceptional and the 6.5mm round is one of the best available. They're sort of like Swedish K31's in 6.5.

If you've got the eye to shoot iron sights, this is one to work with.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had a husqvarna M38 i liked quite a bit, shot a bodark apple out of a tree at 50+ yards away with it, sold it to a fellow osa member who is very happy with it

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i had a husqvarna M38 i liked quite a bit, shot a bodark apple out of a tree at 50+ yards away with it, sold it to a fellow osa member who is very happy with it

I'm curious, how much did you get out of that shot-up horse apple. I've got a bunch of 'em down here I'd like to sell. :D

pistolpete95

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gunboards.com and mausercentral.com are good places for information on the swedish mauser. I have one of the Kimber of America sporterized swedes. Now I'm trying to find a good powder/bullet reloading combination for deer season.