Texas Residents CCW in OK.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle carries in TX and is coming to visit us here in OK.. According to him, a permit is not necessary in Tx. and we were not sure if he could carry when he gets here legally or not. If not, what would he need to be able to carry here?

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My uncle carries in TX and is coming to visit us here in OK.. According to him, a permit is not necessary in Tx. and we were not sure if he could carry when he gets here legally or not. If not, what would he need to be able to carry here?

FYI, yes, a permit is necessary in TX. Check out www.handgunlaw.us. A permit is also required in OK - OK does accept TX permits.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Texas allows for transport of a loaded firearm while in the vehicle, carry outside of your property in Texas requires a permit. Oklahoma does not have a safe passage law similar to Texas, Mississippi, or I believe Kansas where right to carry on your property extends to your vehicle. He can not carry a loaded firearm in his vehicle without a valid CCW when he enters Oklahoma.

Latest posts

Top Bottom