Which Vortex Viper PST???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK decided on a Vortex Viper PST 6-24X50 for my AR-10.

Can't decide if I should get the MOA or the MRAD. Also should I get the front focal plane or is that necessary.

I'm fine with anything in this price point so I just need help deciding on what which adjusment/reticle to get.

I have no military training so don't know mils well, but am willing to learn anything that will make me a better shot at distance.

EZ Bake has answered a lot of my questions so far so I would definately like your thoughts on this topic as well as any others that know scopes and how to shoot at distance.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have jumped off the Mil band wagon and have gone MOA-MOA and love it! everything just makes sense to me and can finally make those shots without adjusting the scope. I was looking at the MOA-MOA in FFP, that would be my suggestion, take it for what it's worth but if I were you I would try the MOA-MOA if you can on the range first. Later,

Kirk

Reaction score
From what very little I know, it seems to me also that going with MOA measurements makes more sense then milliradians, just for consistency sake, if the clicks on the adjustment on are in some fraction of MOA. If the clicks were x number of milliradians, AND the reticle marks also measured in mils, then that would be fine, too - point is that that are the same as one another, not that they are mils or moas.

But also, we're used to talking about relative distances in MOA terms anyway, so that just makes more sense to me. No reason to be hamstring by what the military uses (which I believe is still the mil system).

Latest posts

Top Bottom