Thinking about going to the gun and knife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
show in Tulsa this weekend. Never been to one. Since I am in the market for either a 30.30 or preferably a 30.6 without paying 350 or more for a used rifle is it worth my while to go? For those of you that have been to these what kind of deals do they usually have? Do they have used rifles? How reasonable are they with their used items? Just trying to afford my weapons on a teacher salary.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a little RK show. The selection is usually limited and the prices kind of high.
A much better choice will be the Deiner show "Grand National" in mid August.
A much bigger show =3-4 times as big.

If you have never been to a gun show. Then by all means go. Best to take someone with you that is experienced and can hold your wallet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the guns you want in that caliber would be questionable in my opinion.
Folks that have a gun with a problem take them to gun shows to dump them.
I'm just not a fan of buying used guns. Not saying I haven't, and have been pleased with the one I got, but..... there are junkers out there too.

Reaction score
Probably a good idea, depending upon WHICH .30-06? Gawdsakes do yourself a favor and don't get a Mossberg 4x4 or 100ATR.

On a budget buying new, go with Stevens or Marlin. The Mossbergs have been documented to break and put bolts through people's faces.

But excellent chambering choice. Just don't forget that rifle choice is every bit if not more important than cartridge choice. Quality, fit, etc.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
A couple of hours at a crappy gun show beats the hell out of working. My two cents is stand by the door and ask about every rifle that comes in. I have got some smokin deals that way. A few months ago, I did that and ended up with a $250 Romanian AK.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom