OKC Metro Fishing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good place to sink a worm that is less than a hour drive from the OKC Metro area? My dad wants to go fishing tomorrow for Father's day, but does not want to drive far? We would be fishing from shore!

Thanks for any suggestions!

NeverGiveUp

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good place to sink a worm that is less than a hour drive from the OKC Metro area? My dad wants to go fishing tomorrow for Father's day, but does not want to drive far? We would be fishing from shore!

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hmm as far as shore fishing i'm not really sure where. Are you using live bait when you say sink a worm? As far as quanity goes you could always get some minnows and head to any docks around thunderbird for crappie

rhenry2424

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We ended up at Gutherie Lake. Not much biting. My husband caught a small catfish, and my 8 year old daughter got 2 tiny perch! After 2 hours, we decided to leave.

Surprised that my 5 year old was baiting and casting his own pole! No bites, but he kept himself busy the entire 2 hours without complaining being bored!

Looks like we'll have to go out next weekend. Maybe we'll try Draper since it is so close!

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We take our daughter to the pond at Dolese Park. Believe it or not we always catch fish. Typically catfish and perch.

She's 3 so we have to have a place that is shaded and close to home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom