Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stories like this make me think long and hard about going ahead and getting my CCL. I am always close to a weapon when inside my home but the randomness of these crimes make me worry. If someone broke in at night while I was sleeping then I would be able to quickly grab a gun. Yet if something happened like the Lawyer story then the gun would be in my room and I would be at the mercy of the criminals. It seems like carrying is the only way to ensure safety in a situation like that.

You don't need a CCL in your own home, OK has a Stand Your Ground Law and The Castle Doctrine if I'm not mistaken.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Many have said "this is scary stuff" but the scary stuff is happening in Washington DC and Hollywood. The whiz kids and wanna be actors think they know it all and give millions to a liberal political candidate who in turn does what the gutless wonders in Hollywood want, more gun control.
That to me is "scary stuff" because if the liberal weenies can pull it off the only ones that will have guns are the ones that come calling in the middle of the night. I understand that an FFL is required by law to hold the transfer papers for twenty years. With that in mind, anything one has acquired over twenty years ago is moot.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You don't need a CCL in your own home, OK has a Stand Your Ground Law and The Castle Doctrine if I'm not mistaken.

...neither of which has anything to do with carrying in your own home.

Castle doctrine means that if someone breaks into your home, there is a rebuttable presumption that he was there to do harm. Shoot the three-year-old neighbor who wanders in through your unlocked door? Yeah, you're boned; that's the "rebuttable" part. "Stand your ground" applies specifically outside the home: it means that if you're in a place you have a legal right to be, you've no duty to retreat from a threat.

In your own home, you can defend yourself freely, whether or not you carry it on your person. You'd do better to cite 21 O.S. § 1289.6 (A)(6): "A person shall be permitted to carry loaded and unloaded shotguns, rifles and pistols, open and not concealed and without a handgun license as authorized by the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act pursuant to the following conditions:....For lawful self-defense and self-protection or any other legitimate purpose in or on property that is owned, leased, rented, or otherwise legally controlled by the person."

Even better yet if you cited 21 O.S. § 1289.25:
A. The Legislature hereby recognizes that the citizens of the State of Oklahoma have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes or places of business.

B. A person or an owner, manager or employee of a business is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

1. The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle, or a place of business, or if that person had removed or was attempting to remove another against the will of that person from the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle, or place of business; and

2. The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.

C. The presumption set forth in subsection B of this section does not apply if:

1. The person against whom the defensive force is used has the right to be in or is a lawful resident of the dwelling, residence, or vehicle, such as an owner, lessee, or titleholder, and there is not a protective order from domestic violence in effect or a written pretrial supervision order of no contact against that person;

2. The person or persons sought to be removed are children or grandchildren, or are otherwise in the lawful custody or under the lawful guardianship of, the person against whom the defensive force is used; or

3. The person who uses defensive force is engaged in an unlawful activity or is using the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle, or place of business to further an unlawful activity.

D. A person who is not engaged in an unlawful activity and who is attacked in any other place where he or she has a right to be has no duty to retreat and has the right to stand his or her ground and meet force with force, including deadly force, if he or she reasonably believes it is necessary to do so to prevent death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another or to prevent the commission of a forcible felony.

E. A person who unlawfully and by force enters or attempts to enter the dwelling, residence, occupied vehicle of another person, or a place of business is presumed to be doing so with the intent to commit an unlawful act involving force or violence.

F. A person who uses force, as permitted pursuant to the provisions of subsections B and D of this section, is justified in using such force and is immune from criminal prosecution and civil action for the use of such force. As used in this subsection, the term "criminal prosecution" includes charging or prosecuting the defendant.

G. A law enforcement agency may use standard procedures for investigating the use of force, but the law enforcement agency may not arrest the person for using force unless it determines that there is probable cause that the force that was used was unlawful.

H. The court shall award reasonable attorney fees, court costs, compensation for loss of income, and all expenses incurred by the defendant in defense of any civil action brought by a plaintiff if the court finds that the defendant is immune from prosecution as provided in subsection F of this section.

I. The provisions of this section and the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act shall not be construed to require any person using a pistol pursuant to the provisions of this section to be licensed in any manner.

J. As used in this section:

1. "Dwelling" means a building or conveyance of any kind, including any attached porch, whether the building or conveyance is temporary or permanent, mobile or immobile, which has a roof over it, including a tent, and is designed to be occupied by people;

2. "Residence" means a dwelling in which a person resides either temporarily or permanently or is visiting as an invited guest; and

3. "Vehicle" means a conveyance of any kind, whether or not motorized, which is designed to transport people or property.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Authorities say South Carolina teen used mother's gun to kill burglar
November 11, 2015

a57.foxnews.com_global.fncstatic.com_static_managed_img_fn2_vide8838d47a475638f44aa5f9ce940ce6.jpg

A South Carolina teenager left home alone used his mother's gun to shoot and kill a burglar, authorities said Tuesday.

Fox Carolina reported that deputies responded to a report of shots fired at a home in Ladson Tuesday shortly before 2 p.m. EST Tuesday. When they arrived, they found the unidentified 13-year-old boy and asked him to come out of the home.

The boy said he heard a vehicle pull up behind his house, then heard someone trying get inside a few minutes later. At that point, the teen picked up his mother's gun and went to the back door of the home.

Authorities said the boy told them he fired the gun through the door and the person outside fired back. The boy fired several more shots, apparently wounding the suspect. According to Fox Carolina, neighbors reported hearing gunshots before seeing a gray car pull out near the home and speed away.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/11/1...arolina-teen-used-mother-gun-to-kill-burglar/

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Elderly Couple Assaulted With Shovel, Stabbed During Tulsa Home Invasion

Police say an elderly Tulsa couple are in the hospital after three suspects broke into their home early Thursday.

Officers say two of the suspects beat and stabbed the couple during a struggle in the 4900 block of North Johnstown Avenue, while a third suspect waited outside as a lookout.

Police got the call at 2:15 a.m. from a next door neighbor about a burglary in progress at the home. The neighbor called after seeing several people walking in and out of the couple's home.

Officers say when they arrived, they found the man lying in the backyard. They said it appeared as if he has been stabbed in the forehead. His wife was lying in the garage and police say she had been hit in the head with a shovel. Both were conscious and spoke to the officers, but were clearly hurt.

Police said their helicopter was nearby and with help of a K9 officer located the three suspects quickly.

Officers say during the home invasion, the suspects had demanded the couple's car keys.

I spoke to the neighbor who called 911, she says she's grateful she was able to help.

"I hate that it happened, but I'm glad I was up, cooking for Thanksgiving and I was actually observant with my dog barking and alerting us about what happened," said Patricia Anderson.

Police say the three suspects are arrested and questioned. They have not released their names or ages, but neighbors say they looked to be 15 or 16 years old.

http://www.newson6.com/story/30610441/elderly-couple-assaulted-during-tulsa-home-invasion

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Armed Men Break Into Tulsa Home With Family Inside
Dec 04, 2015

kotv.images.worldnow.com_images_9393681_G.jpg

Tulsa Police said four armed men broke into a home near 16th and Mingo Friday afternoon while a family was inside.

EMSA took one person to a hospital but police haven't said who that person was or the condition.

Police said the men stole a white Mazda M5 van from the home in the 8900 block of East 16th Place.

Police have not said what kind of weapons the men had and officers have not released descriptions of the

http://www.newson6.com/story/30671911/armed-men-break-into-tulsa-home-with-family-insidesuspects.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
These are dear friends of mine.

The dad wasn't home from work yet when the 4 black guys broke in
They robbed and pistol whipped the wife and grandma (grandma spoke no english) while the two daughters watched.

The wife and daughters were tied up (no need to tie up grandma with her face smashed in) and everyone was robbed.

They took everything of value and loaded it into the families van which they left in.

These are some of the kindest people I know.
It can happen to anyone.

And as Obama would prefer, they didn't have a gun in the house for protection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom