Oklahoma Home Invasions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kriket1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is an excellent idea it will help in tracking any paderns so everyone can c if there area is is getting hit everyone stay armed and safe I will be praying for all

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tulsa attorney recounts surviving home-invasion robbery

Robbers spoke of killing all three victims, he says
Published: 6/24/2010 11:29 PM

One hooded man was more impatient than the others, but all three armed men were planning to execute Stephen Rodolf, a Tulsa attorney, and a father and son who had come to visit Tulsa and see a Drillers game with Rodolf on Sunday.

“He (the boy) was afraid he was going to die; his father was going to die; we were all going to die,” Rodolf said.

The three hostages listened to the entire conversation - Rodolf and the boy alone in a dark bathroom and the boy’s father, bloodied from being pistol-whipped, outside the door with the robbers.

An open door

Rodolf, knowing Tulsa better than his out-of-town friends, had beat them back to his house between 21st Street and 31st Street near Peoria Avenue after Sunday evening’s Drillers game against the Arkansas Travelers.

Expecting them soon, he left his garage door open.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/webextra/...tid=450&articleid=20100625_11_A1_Nnftet997828

------------------

Tulsa Woman Held At Gunpoint During Home Invasion
Posted: Jun 25, 2010 4:24 PM CDT

Gay surrendered to Tulsa Police after a two hour standoff Thursday afternoon.

TULSA, OK -- Tulsa Police have made five robbery arrests in the past two days. That includes one man accused of three home invasions in one day - one where he robbed a Tulsa woman at gunpoint.

Police say they happened Thursday near 51st and Yale, and the victims were all the suspect's neighbors.

6/24/2010 Related Story: Tulsa Police Standoff Ends With Arrest Of Home Invasion Suspect

As it seems is so often the case, Dario Gay was out of jail on another crime while police say he was kicking in his neighbors' doors and stealing their stuff. One woman is nursing three cracked ribs after her encounter with him.

Wendy was just getting ready to leave for work Thursday around 5 a.m. when a man with a gun kicked down the front door of her four-plex.

"I was just heading out the door, and it exploded because he kicked it in," she said.

She said Dario Gay, a person Wendy had never seen before, and his partner held a gun and a knife on her and her friend. They beat her friend while demanding to know where the valuables were.

Twenty minutes later, they did leave, taking the stolen phones, laptops, television and wallet and Wendy's jeep. Witnesses saw Gay go to his apartment a few blocks away and say he fired a couple of shots before police arrived. Officers surrounded his apartment and he surrendered.

---------------------------

Two Shot, Killed During Saturday Night Tulsa Home Invasion
Posted: Nov 08, 2009 12:39 AM CST Updated:

TULSA, OK -- A north Tulsa neighborhood is now a crime scene after gunmen shoot and kill two men in what police are calling a brutal home invasion.

Tulsa Police say the suspects are still on the loose.

Police officers were called to the scene at about 10:20 p.m. Saturday with a report of shots fired after an armed group of people invaded a home at 67 North Victor Avenue.

Police tell The News On 6 the two victims were forced to lie on the floor before being killed. The gruesome details have neighbors there on edge. Even homicide detectives say they're stunned.

barratt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am from Phoenix and this kinda of thing happens all the time there. It looks like it is moving to the mid west. they like to hold up the whole family so they cant call the police or the home alarm is not set to go off because they are all home and awake.

Just hope that they don't come kick down my door I have nothing to steal and a armed family :gun2:

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stories like this make me think long and hard about going ahead and getting my CCL. I am always close to a weapon when inside my home but the randomness of these crimes make me worry. If someone broke in at night while I was sleeping then I would be able to quickly grab a gun. Yet if something happened like the Lawyer story then the gun would be in my room and I would be at the mercy of the criminals. It seems like carrying is the only way to ensure safety in a situation like that.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tenant fends off armed intruder, police arrest one

The Wellsford Oaks apartment complex at 1010 E. 66th Place.

By MATT BARNARD and SHANNON MUCHMORE World Staff Writers
Published: 7/5/2010 7:56 AM

An apartment resident scared away a home intruder early Monday by shooting at him through a bathroom door, police said.

The man, along with his wife and school-age brother, awoke about 5:35 a.m. when a gun-wielding man forced his way into their home at the Wellsford Oaks complex, Cpl. Brett Bilyeu said.

As the intruder forced the tenants into the bathroom, the man asked to retrieve a blanket as a ruse to collect a pistol, Bilyeu said. The man later fired a single shot through the closed door, apparently hitting the intruder in the shoulder.

About five hours later, police arrested Melvin Edward Dan, 19 on complaints of robbery with a firearm and possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. The victims identified Dan as the intruder at the Oklahoma State University Medical Center, where he sought treatment for the gunshot wound, according to an arrest report.

The residents were shaken up but not injured, Bilyeu said.

Dan has been charged in Tulsa County with six felonies and two misdemeanors in the past 3 1/2 years. Charges of shooting with intent to kill, first-degree burglary, and assault and battery were dismissed. The other three felony charges -- assault and battery with a deadly weapon, domestic assault and battery by strangulation, and feloniously pointing a firearm -- are still pending in court.

Both misdemeanor counts were dismissed. A protective order against him was granted in October 2009.

---------------

Home Invasion Suspect Shot
posted 07/05/10 3:22 pm

Tulsa, OK - A home invasion suspect is in custody after being shot by the homeowner during a robbery.

Police said Melvin Dan forced his way in to an apartment around 5:30 a.m. Monday at the Wellsford Oaks near 15th and Riverside. According to the arrest report Dan put a gun to the face of the homeowners and forced them into a bathroom. One of the homeowners had a gun of his own and shot the suspect through the bathroom door.

Dan fled the scene but later showed up at a local hospital with a gunshot wound. The victims identified him as the suspect who broke in to their house. The homeowners were shaken up but not seriously injured.

Dan is being held in the Tulsa county jail for armed robbery and possession of a firearm during a felony.

Latest posts

Top Bottom