Sako Quad vs. CZ 452

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Never shot the Sako, so cannot compare, but (a) never had a need for more accuracy than the CZ will give me, and (b) certainly never had a need or want to "switch out" calibers. I like rifles dedicated to a caliber -- stock, scope, and all, and even dedicated to particular ammo, so I can get the scope on it, then "set it and forget it". Exceptions are the ones where the scope "goes with" the barrel zero'd & unmolested, such as AR15s, T/C Encore & Contender, etc.

I like variety in rimfires, and by variety I mean the 452 varmint, the 452 luxe, the 452 American, the 452 Scout, etc. :D I'm only half kidding.

Having said that, I'm sure that there's nothing wrong with the Sako, and like you say, you don't HAVE TO switch calibers - more pride of ownership I guess with a Sako.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot both and they are both really nice. I give it up to the quality in the Sako though. Those rifles are top notch. I don't have much experience with either though so that's why I'm asking. My savage 93 in 17 her is ok but I want a nice .22.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am also looking at a decent .22lr bolt. Had my eye on a savage Mk II VR, but not to sure. Saw the quads, and honestly, not to big on the caliber change. Wish they made the same gun but in a dedicated .22. As for the Anschutz, would love one, but its a little more .22 than what I am looking for.

mavrick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont have either one of them but the sako does look nice. I do have an Anschutz in 17HMR.

ai571.photobucket.com_albums_ss157_dustintc00k_Photo003o.jpg

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mavrick, I shoot a Sako ps 94 since you have a Annie already I don't think you will be happy with the action of the CZ . Yes they shoot real well .. but they don't have the smoothness ,fit or feel of an Annie .One of my shooting pals made that mistake.

I shoot my Sako in the silhouette game I rate it above ,the CZ and the Annie 64 action ,which is what you have but it is short of the Annie w/the 54 action.The only rifle I would consider replacing the Sako with is an Annie 54 FWT. [1710 ?]

Kimber and Cooper are nice but at the big sillywett shoots Anschutz rules

You can find used quality .22 used but its buyer beware. I bought a used Anschutz MS 5418 at the big gun show .

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ has been pretty much owning the O class, and holds its own in the T class. Much of that is due to a lot of CZ's out there, because they're so affordable. Here's a good post comparing a 54 action and 452 American with average ammo.

For the money, you can't beat a CZ. I don't see Anschutz's 64 action being worth the premium over the 452 or 453, but the 54 is in a league of its own (although for that money... I'd get a Cooper instead).

It really depends on what you want to do with it though. I have a 453 American that's been relegated to squirrels, since I picked up a Kimber 82G from CMP for targets.

For fun, go to rimfirecentral and ask. I don't think the CZ and Anschutz folks have had a good fight since last August or so, when CZ dominated at Camp Perry.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
CZ's and Sako's are class acts in their own!! I've only handled and shot a CZ, very nice, but my Annie, she now has Olympic grade peep's on her now, is a true tack driver.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom