Article on AR cleaning and lubrication

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Posted this in the AR picture thread because of a small, related discussion and though it was worthy enough to put in the rifle section.

Keep it running.

Very good article. Pat Rodgers is one of the best sources of info on using the AR/M16. I found this portion of the article interesting:

I try not to be shocked and amazed at the poor quality guns being turned out by many, but then the homemade guns—the so-called “FrankenGuns” built with gun show parts and little knowledge—lead me to believe that in the gun world, P.T. Barnum would be a master. That isn’t to say that all of the companies aren’t capable of turning out good (even great) guns, and often they do. But as a good friend often states, “Even a broken clock is right twice a day.” I’m not impressed with the bleats of, “Well, I’ve had this gun for ten years and it has nver ‘jammed’ once.” Of course not. Malfunctions only occur when you fire them. I have seen enough of most types to make me realize that the only ARs in my company’s armory are those that meet a standard.

Sounds like Pat believes in "the chart". :wink2:

Nighthawk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great article!

I like the last were he states and I quote

'I try not to be shocked and amazed at
the poor quality guns being turned out
by many, but then the homemade guns-
the so-called “FrankenGuns” built with
gun show parts and little knowledge-
lead me to believe that in the gun world,
P.T. Barnum would be a master.'

Because those are the ones that I, and other AR15 shop owners that are licensed Type 7 FFL's end up having brought to us and asking us to either fix or buy or trade for something that works. LOL

CAR-AR-M16 I see you were faster than I was LOL

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok,... so we got a lot of shooters around here who think they are experts on quality guns.

Let me ask those people this,... The differences in most of "the chart" is testing. So by your standards, if it hasnt been tested a certain way it must be junk? Just because a part goes through a certain quality test does not make it higher quality than any other, it means that there is less chance that a sub-standard part can leave the factory.

So, unless you're an engineer,... you cant discuss this with me cause I doubt a gun shooter who is a hobby engineer can compete with someone who does it for a living...

:P

Franken AR is a moot point, I put the rifles I have built (with high end parts) up against anyone who thinks Frankens are junk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom