Coming to OK for a Hog Hunt Vacation.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nely_son

New to the site!
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone here had any info for me.
A group of us from Nebraska will be coming down in a couple weeks for a hog hunt.

We will be in the OKC/Geary area. The outfitter we are using is from AddictiveHunting.com

Anybody have anything good to say about this area for hog hunting?

Looking forward to having a good time no matter what.
Thanks,
Eric

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nely Son- I suspect you will be hunting along the Canadian River South of Geary on a private ranch. There are alot of hogs on that river and they are a nightmare for the landowners. Hogs have torn up my pastures and they ALWAYS have a price on their heads.

Hogs are becoming a problem throughout the state. I tell my deer hunters to shoot the pigs FIRST.

I know a taxidermist in that area and I will send you a pm with his number and maybe he can help you out too.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carry a heavy sidearm, though your outfitter will probably keep you out of harm's way. If your rifle packs it in, you just might have to defend yourself. I recommend .44 mag with 300 grain flat nose lead bullets for close up hog defense. Don't use hollowpoints--not enough penetration.

You'll have a lot of fun. CB

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If your rifle malfunctions while on the hunt why are you using such a rifle in the first place? I make sure that the proper maintenance was performed on the gun long before a hunt and subsequently I never have had a screw up in 50 years of hunting. Secondly if you can't make a quick, clean kill on the first shot then why shoot? Do you not have any respect for the animal that you are hunting? Take your time and place the first shot where it needs to be or pass on the shot until you can. Lastly, use large enough caliber to quickly dispatch the animal. Don't rely on a high capacity magazine to solve your problem. Spray and pray rarely works. Be proficient with your weapon.

1 shot 1 kill

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tad -Let me clarify my comment. Pigs are vermin like rats when they are feral. They are very destructive and will eat anything. They are not a game animal recognized by the ODWC which allows hunters to use any means possible to kill them such as no license to hunt/kill, use suppressed weapons to kill, can hunt them day or night as long as you notify the GW in advance, and no limit. They are very intelligent and breed just like a rat. They should be killed when ever the opportunity allows. The pigs therefore have a price on their heads.

I certainly welcome our friends from the Cornhusker state to help annihilate the pigs. I hunt Valentine,NE area for deer,turkeys,ducks, grouse,pheasants and fish for catfish and other species with a client and close friend on 50,000 acres. I also hunt arround Neligh,NE for merriams turkeys which are almost like rats because they are so numerous. The huskers are a great bunch of people, warm and friendly when they get to know you and boy! can they drink the beer. HMMMMMMMMM, I bet if they lived in Okla they would have graduated from OSU. My kind of folks! SSOOOOOOO COME ON DOWN!!:clap3:

Nely_son

New to the site!
Reaction score
Appreciate all the comments. It appears we should have a pretty decent time. We have 12 coming down for the weekend and plan on taking as many as we can. We were pretty excited to hear that no out of state fees/license were needed. It really was the kicker that made us book the hunt.
As for weapon of choice 30-06 with probably 150 gr. ideally I want to kill Friday evening with the high power so I can sit at least once with the bow and of course have a night of drinks.
Eric

Latest posts

Top Bottom