Question for those that know about Happy Hollow range in Sapulpa

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went by there today in the rain just to find it in preparation for tomorrow. I spoke with the guy. He is friendly enough. I am going to just shoot slugs with imp cyl from my 12 ga. My question for you is regarding the actual distance of the "100" yard marker for rifles. I know that question sounds stupid, but is it really just 100 yards? It seems a lot farther than that. It seem more like 150 yards especially if you consider the first one which is just 50 yards. The first one does seem to be 50 yards in my opinion, but the second one sure seems a lot farther than 100 yards. I was just wondering if any of y'all have actually taken a range finder out there and checked it out. The boxes on my slugs say there is close to a 5 inch drop at 100 yards. For those of you that know from experience is that correct? Is it only a 5 inch drop? I know these questions are probably infantile to many of you, but I would appreciate any information you could provide. We will be there around 11:30 am tomorrow. Let me know if any of you will be as well.

Thanks.

willystruck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you go back, ask Don what the exact measurement is to the 100 yd target frames. I know the berm was set back for 100 meter targets many years ago. He should have portable target frames that you can set at the distance of choice.
Enjoy that concrete pad your shootin off of. I helped pour that slab. Tell Don that Frank T. said howdy!

streetglideok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Far as I knew, the furthest target frames were 200yards, that was in the middle. The next furthest was 100, then 50, then 25, then 10? Some of that is based off assumption, so take it with a grain of powder. Words of advise, dont shoot pellets out of your scattergun on the rifle range, it doesnt do the frames any good. When hanging the target, slide the top of the cardboard target up into the tabs of the frame, then slide it back down to secure it. If you dont, he will remind you,lol. 3 seconds between shots, and follow their directions when they shut the firing line down every 10 minutes. Don and his family are nice folk. Never had a problem with any of them.
We usually are out there on sunday mornings right after they open to beat the heat and the pistol crowd.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don's a good guy. I've shot out there a few times. But never on the rifle range. And yes, there furthest targets out there are 200 yards. May have been what you were looking at.

Latest posts

Top Bottom