Where to buy Marlin or Stevens 30.06?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everyone is saying for quality combined with budget to get a Marlin or Stevens 30.06 as opposed to the Mossberg or Rem 770 because they are similar in price. The problem is nobody carries them. Academy nor BPS carries Stevens and they only have the 30.30 in the marlin. I think BPS did say they have a .308 in Marlin. Anyway, where can I look for this stuff? I am still shopping around, but have pretty much decided to go with a gun from a member on here. Just saving up for it. Anyway, this board says to go with Marlin or Stevens for budget and quality and when I google those and find other posts from other boards they all say it as well, but who carries them?

I am ready

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just left sportsworld. They have a marlin x7 30.06 with scope for $371. That is where I am going if tad winslow has already sold his gun by the time I save the rest of the money. I am a little confused though. They also had the mossberg atr 100, but they are $100 more than academy. Makes me wonder if the price of the marlin is a good deal since they are so high on an inferior gun.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Neither one of them have a drop plate so you have to cycle all your ammo to unload it. Just going to throw this out there but you can put a Howa 1500 on lay away from Budsgunshop.com. 448 delivered. The also have a Howa Ranchland combo with a pretty nice scope for 461 delivered. They do 90 day lay a way.

Ksmirk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it were me I'd opt for the Savage/Stevens there's just so much you can do with them without the cost of a gunsmmith. Heck my Savage 308 started life as a 243 now it's sporting a whole mess of stuff that's not Savage even a detachable mag that uses AI mags. I've got a Stevens 223 at the house that I'm trying to figure out what I'd like to build it into but I have most of my bases covered on short action calibers. I just got to the point I didn't care for the Rems anymore and these days there are almost just as many aftermarket parts for the Savage as the Rems. Good luck and just don't get in a hurry and buy something you'll want to put on the classifieds here. Good luck to ya but remember asking what rifle people like is like the Chevy Ford talk. Later,

Kirk

Latest posts

Top Bottom