Help deciding on another gun.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got such great help last time I was getting a new gun that I decided to do it again. I am looking for a ccw pistol and holster. What all suggestions does everyone have? I have looked at a Glock 23, but don't know how easy it is to conceal. Also maybe a Ruger LCR or LCP. It doesn't have to be just these, I just need some help to see what everyone else out there thinks that I haven't thought of yet. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated. I mostly dress golf shorts and golf shirt tucked in and I'm a 6'0/ 200lbs build.

lstdonsldr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've shot the LCP and the LCR. I love the 380 series of guns out right now, the LCP, Kel-Tec P3AT, the Kahr P380 and even the new Sigs. They're great guns, great prices, small and lightweight. I personally carry my Kel-Tec P3AT fairly regular, and love it. I've never had ANY problems with it. I have a LCR, and while its a nice gun, I personally do not enjoy shooting it at all. You might look into some of the Kahr pistols. I've had a P40, CW9 and a PM9, they are all very nice. The smaller the gun you get, the more expensive they are on the Kahrs, but they are very nice guns.

cowboydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got such great help last time I was getting a new gun that I decided to do it again. I am looking for a ccw pistol and holster. What all suggestions does everyone have? I have looked at a Glock 23, but don't know how easy it is to conceal. Also maybe a Ruger LCR or LCP. It doesn't have to be just these, I just need some help to see what everyone else out there thinks that I haven't thought of yet. Any reviews would be greatly appreciated. I mostly dress golf shorts and golf shirt tucked in and I'm a 6'0/ 200lbs build.

For what you described above, a revolver or a small semi-auto in a front pocket will probably be easiest to conceal without changing your clothing style. Tuckable IWB holsters are out there, but (at least to me) they are still pretty obvious. I carry a S&W 642 in a front pocket holster when wearing a tucked shirt and shorts or pants. I have a friend who carries the LCR and another with the LCP, and both seem happy with their choices. None of these small, pocket pistols are going to be as much fun to shoot as a full-size, and will take practice to become proficient with.

IF you can go with an untucked golf/polo shirt, your options get much broader - I can and do at times carry a full-size Beretta 92 IWB. Thicker fabrics and patterns help hide any printing. I am 5'10" and about 190.

maxim240sx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You could go by H&H and demo all 3 guns for $9 total tomorrow or sat. I stopped by today and shot a few guns on my list to sample. You just buy a ticket for $3 and you get the gun and 5rds to check out

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KAHR P380. Tiny, Light, Lethal, Accurate. KAHR PM9 if you want more firepower. Both you can buy a pocket holster and put in your back pocket. Look similar to a wallet.

Porter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the past few years I've tried numerous guns in search of the perfect summertime carry pistol (Glock 27, Ruger SP101, Kimber Ultra Carry II, S&W J Frame, NAA 22 mag just to name a few). I finally picked up the Sig P238 and I think I have a winner. It's light weight, very easy to conceal, and a good shooter. I'll probably move back to the Kimber when winter time rolls around just for the .45 factor, but for now the Sig is the best solution to summertime carry I've found.

GoArmy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LCP and LCR are great pocket pistols. VERY LIGHT weight - even loaded; they weight less then a 15 round .40 s&w magazine. But if you want something more... I carry a Glock 27 with a FIST IWB ultra-thin kydex holster damm near everyday.

Clampett

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the past few years I've tried numerous guns in search of the perfect summertime carry pistol (Glock 27, Ruger SP101, Kimber Ultra Carry II, S&W J Frame, NAA 22 mag just to name a few). I finally picked up the Sig P238 and I think I have a winner. It's light weight, very easy to conceal, and a good shooter. I'll probably move back to the Kimber when winter time rolls around just for the .45 factor, but for now the Sig is the best solution to summertime carry I've found.

Nice gun, but Kahr is much lighter. Also, SIG is single action (SA), KAHR is double action only (DAO). Makes a big difference to some people. I like both. If unsure, go to YOUTUBE.com and search on single action videos and DAO videos. See the difference.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tlAYktInAk

Latest posts

Top Bottom