To Keep or Not

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi All,
I traded for a Sig Saurer P229 in 40 cal. This is the nicest looking used gun I have ever seen. If it didn't have a few light skuffs on the top of the barrel were the slide slides over, if those few marks were not there it would past for new.
My question is to all, if you shoot a Sig tell me why you like it?? I am asking how people like it so I can decide to keep it or not??? I ordered some bullets and will go out and shoot it this weekend, i am sure it will shoot just fine, but the 40 caliber is iffy for me. I have shot 45acp and 9mm for years and wouldn't part with the 3 pistols I have.

To you 40 cal shooters, tell me why you prefer the 40 over the other cals?
I will be great full for any info.
ACE

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The .40 sigs I've shot were some smooth guns. My sig 228 (the 9mm only older brother of the 229) is freaking reliable, accurate, and feels good in the hand.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had SIGs for years in all calibers. I even carried a P229 .40 on the job. When I retired I decided to limit myself to either 9mm or .45 SIGs. After having carried and shot a .40 for years I find nothing remarkable about it - It's okay, but nothing special. I would chose .357 SIG over the .40 cal, but my preference leans to 9mm (mostly on the range) and .45 for carry.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's a SIG, so she's going to make you look good in any caliber. The nice thing about the P229 series is that its made in all three calibers 9MM, 40SW, an .357SIG. The mags you have will work with the .357SIG, and you can buy a 9MM barrel, and some mags if you want to go the route.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Idp4570, I thought that I read that you could not use a 9mm barrel. If I can buy a 9mm barrel and mags, I will forsure Keep it. If you happen to have a link where I can find the info on useing a 9mm barrel Please send it to me.
Thanks

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Idp4570, I thought that I read that you could not use a 9mm barrel. If I can buy a 9mm barrel and mags, I will forsure Keep it. If you happen to have a link where I can find the info on useing a 9mm barrel Please send it to me.
Thanks

I just posted over on the SIG forum about this, lots more smarter folks than me when it come's to all the differences for the SIG pistols.

The answer is yes, and TopGun Supply usually have them. They are out right now, but you could check Brownell's and Midway.
http://www.topgunsupply.com/bar-sto-conversion-barrel-sig_p229-9mm.html

Latest posts

Top Bottom