took my new pistol to the range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glad you like the XD 3.8. What range was that, and what was the distance to the target?

Personally, I think the proportions of the 3.8 are wonky - the grip looks too long with the truncated barrel. If SA would shorten the grip (and produce a Compact), it'd look more balanced. But that's just me :)

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the full size XDM and the grip is still too long for that size gun, IMO. Since the 3.8 and FS share the same grip and mags (19 rds!) it would seem overly bottom heavy.
They are nice guns just a bit "wonky" in proportion. I never planned to CC my XDM but it makes a nice home gun.
Too bad they are considered ESP in IDPA.

oranjooose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad you like the XD 3.8. What range was that, and what was the distance to the target?

Personally, I think the proportions of the 3.8 are wonky - the grip looks too long with the truncated barrel. If SA would shorten the grip (and produce a Compact), it'd look more balanced. But that's just me :)

Canadian Valley Range(Banner); The distance was short..maybe 5 yards. A lot of people say the the proportions are weird but i really like it. I like the way the gun recoils and it is very controlable and i think its due to the way the gun is balanced. I hope they do make a compact version so i can pick that one up too!

oranjooose

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice shooting. I just sold my 3.8 last night. Nice gun, but I just didn't care for it too much. Glad you're enjoying it!

thanks! i dont think i was shooting my best. I was really focusing on how the gun felt and feeling out the trigger pull and stuff. the square targets on the left and right were the last ones i shot at and i tried to get some good groups on those.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I agree... looks kinda funny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom