Felons and Handguns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I know that a convicted felon can't buy a firearm, but what about living in a household that has a firearm?

At what point does it become an enforceable violation of the law or parole?

Can a wife claim that the firearms in the house are hers and that cover the situation?

Just curious.

Thanks

Dave

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Felons are no longer full citizens. They're pretty well shunned in American society. Whether that's right or wrong is debatable, but whether you can be around one with a gun is not. You have to choose between the two.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only exception that I can think of is pardon or expungement.

If your spouse or parent that resides in the home is a peace officer by CLEET's definition.

I have had to sign a BATF waiver and consent from the Federal PO as the supervisor of an officer whose spouse was recently convicted of a felony.

Michael Brown

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If your spouse or parent that resides in the home is a peace officer by CLEET's definition.

I have had to sign a BATF waiver and consent from the Federal PO as the supervisor of an officer whose spouse was recently convicted of a felony.

Michael Brown

Interesting ,Mike,I didn't know there was an exception.It does kind of make sense though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom