Can you estimate the value of these two handguns?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My father in law has a couple of guns he is looking to figure out what they are worth. I realize that they are worth what someone is willing to pay, but wanted to know what he should ask.

One is a Ruger Speed Six, I'm guessing a 4-6" by his description, blued.

The other is a Raven 25 caliber.

Thanks,

Alan

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
On the Speed Six, it's most likely a 4". I've not heard of a 6" speed six, if that is the barrel length, it could be a 6" security six though. Depending on the condition, from $200 to $400, or so. I paid $250 for a 2 3/4" blued speed six, but the finish was rough.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

My father in law has a couple of guns he is looking to figure out what they are worth. I realize that they are worth what someone is willing to pay, but wanted to know what he should ask.

One is a Ruger Speed Six, I'm guessing a 4-6" by his description, blued.

The other is a Raven 25 caliber.

Thanks,

Alan

The Speed six had a couple of options. The model 207 in 357, 208 in 38 special, and 209 in 9mm. Option of 2.75 or 4 inch barrel. Some had bobbed hammers. My new book shows $100 in poor condition up to $375 in Exc. The book is not allways right. They do go up and down a little in value. It shows V.G. condition at $250. If it has a military lanyard ring or is one of the few in 38 S&W ( not 38 special) it may be worth more.
The Raven 25. I would say between $50-125. You can pick them up all day long at OAS for about $85.
I hope this will help you out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom