I'm gonna buy a 22lr pistol, what should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should my next 22lr pistol be?

• Taurus PT 22

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Berretta Neos 22

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • S&W 22a

Votes: 33 71.7%

• Total voters

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was thinking the S&W22a with a 7 inch barrel for target's and general plinking.
Or I could give the wife the Pt22 for her purse(brownie pts).

What's the reasoning on your options? The Buckmark (or my personal pref., the Ruger MkII) is a much better quality piece for not much real difference in cost.

The PT-22 is generally good, but be aware that mags are $25-30/ea, and a bit hard to find. It may require some tinkering to get POI/POA. Be sure she/you put a couple hundred rounds through it before she, "drops it in her purse"...

Reaction score
If you can swing it, step up to a Buckmark. But I'd bet the S&W 22, or Beretta Neos would make you happy. The Taurus has too short of a sight radius for any decent level of practical accuracy, seems to me, for this type of fun/plinking gun. I guess if I had to pick from those, the S&W 22A.

Better yet, call S&W, and tell them you want to buy a 22A, but cannot in good conscience until they take locks of their danged revolvers. Sounds funny, I know, but can you imagine if everyone did this, everytime they were contemplating a choice of guns for a purchase, one of which included a Smith product? Or even 1/10th of us. If they got 10-20 calls or emails a day saying "I wanna buy Smith here, but going with a competitor until the locks go bye-bye; sorry", it wouldn't be six months before the Hillary Holes were gone! :D

Latest posts

Top Bottom