Colt Diamondback

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought a 4" Diamondback in .38 at the Tulsa Walmart, at the Admiral traffic circle for $258; they were getting rid of their handguns; Never put a round thru it -- traded it for a 92F when they came out -- ended up buying a used Diamondback atleast 10 years ago for around $550ish -- the things you do when your young -- At one time I had 2 of the Colt agent -- 2 " barrel; aluminum, parkerized six shot ($168 retail at Walmart);a new Colt Diamondback; and a S&W 686 -- so thats why I traded my Diamondback for the new 92F. Still have one agent, my used Diamondback and the 686; a few years ago I traded for a 6 shot 617, looks like my 686. Still have my 92F; I used to let a young lady in the National Guard borrow it for practice. I believe she put more rounds thru it than I did. Sorry to get off topic -- I bought my used gun on Gunbroker, it had a set of weird grips and a colt box to small for the gun -- but the price was right, found two sets of Factory Colt Diamondback wood grips at the Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club swap meet for $5.00 a piece, Numrich had the grip screws for $6 -- the fit wasn't that great, Then I found a set of Target Pachmyers with the Colt Logo on Ebay; think I paid around $30, has alittle blue wear at the barrel tip. I think I will keep this one (maybe). The things you do when you get old!

Cinaet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a 4" Diamondback in .38 at the Tulsa Walmart, at the Admiral traffic circle for $258; they were getting rid of their handguns; Never put a round thru it -- traded it for a 92F when they came out -- ended up buying a used Diamondback atleast 10 years ago for around $550ish -- the things you do when your young -- At one time I had 2 of the Colt agent -- 2 " barrel; aluminum, parkerized six shot ($168 retail at Walmart);a new Colt Diamondback; and a S&W 686 -- so thats why I traded my Diamondback for the new 92F. Still have one agent, my used Diamondback and the 686; a few years ago I traded for a 6 shot 617, looks like my 686. Still have my 92F; I used to let a young lady in the National Guard borrow it for practice. I believe she put more rounds thru it than I did. Sorry to get off topic -- I bought my used gun on Gunbroker, it had a set of weird grips and a colt box to small for the gun -- but the price was right, found two sets of Factory Colt Diamondback wood grips at the Oil Capital Rod and Gun Club swap meet for $5.00 a piece, Numrich had the grip screws for $6 -- the fit wasn't that great, Then I found a set of Target Pachmyers with the Colt Logo on Ebay; think I paid around $30, has alittle blue wear at the barrel tip. I think I will keep this one (maybe). The things you do when you get old!

At least I'm not the only one. That doesn't make the pain go away, but it helps to know it's shared.

Latest posts

Top Bottom