monarch ammo?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangerRandP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is monarch ammo any good? $14.99 a box at academy. Thinking about getting some to sight in my new savage 111 30.06

I've never used the 30.06, but have used the 7.62x39 and a few pistol rounds. They went bang everytime and we're pretty dang dirty, but always went bang. I can not comment on accuracy really, but I never noticed any major difference.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put 300 rounds of it through my SKS and it fired every round just fine, that's all I can say about it though. Seemed fairly accurate for an SKS but its my first one and the only ammo I've put through it so IDK.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never used their ammo in anything but my AR. Worked fine for it. It was kind of dirty (used the brass cased stuff). Don't know who makes it. I read somewhere that Monarch is Academy's brand.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have used the .38 and 9mm...like others are saying; it worked okay, but sure is dirty. Took a lot of scrubbin' to get the "racoon eyes'' off the face of the cylinder on my revolver.

But: It was available and cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom