Question for you all that custom your 10-22

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acelungger

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi All,
I went to the gun show yesterday and traded for a Ruger 10-22 has a after market Black stock and a Butler Creek bull barrel, the gun looks like new but it is used. What I would like to know, do most of you bed the barrel? If so what do you use? I am not sure if that will make a difference in the way it shoots?
I would realy like to hear from you all.
Thanks
ACE

longshot

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the same question.I've put a tapco t6 on mine along with a bull barrel,ext mag release,red-dot.now i want to do a trigger job and accurize it.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well Docjj, You were right!! It is a tack driver!! I could not believe how well it shot!! nothing to do but injoy shooting it.
Later
ACE

Great! The only 2 mods I think are a must for a 10/22 are a good trigger and a yellow jacket buffer. Other than that, it's your personal goals and tastes for the gun.

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are a lot of good and bad drop in triggers for the 10/22, I do quite a few and the best ones need a little tweeking to go from good to great.

A new buffer will keep the noise down a little but best of all it will extend the life of the frame and keep the bolt from pounding the hole to an out of round condition.

If you have a bull barrel there is no need to bed the barrel but if you are going to keep the factory barrel and have any trouble with consistant shots, then a Brownell bedding kit will make your shooting more accurate. Try out your gun on a bench rest first because many of them are great right from the factory and don't need bedding unless you are shooting competition.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Building up a 10/22 now. Not planning on bedding the barrel but I am using a wedge that keeps the barrel from dropping. I had read of many instances where a heavy barrel drops so much they builder had to use rings with several MOA of upward adjustment to over come it.

Timney trigger is in the future but need to let the $$ build back up some.

Latest posts

Top Bottom