Best place for Howa bull barrel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a Howa 1500 chambered in .223 that has the tapered barrel on it.
I want to get a bull barrel for it but haven't had much luck in finding it online yet, does anyone know of a good place to look? I'll also need a new stock, but I think I found a Bell & Carlson one that I like real well.

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you want it rebarreled, you can buy a blank and have Steve in Jones install it for you. Probably be about $450 once it is said and done.

I hear good things about Steve, but I'm not really sure I want to spend that much on it since that's how much I paid for the gun itself. Is there anywhere that has barrels ready to buy and install?

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
"If your shots are under 250 yards then a regular barrel is fine.... No sense lugging a heavier rifle around if you don't have to.....

Yeah Yeah that bull barrel will be a little more accurate - But if all your hunting is coyote, hogs and other similar size critters then the regular barrel rifle is just fine.... Now on the other hand if your hunting prairie dogs and ground squirrels to 250 or more yards then get the heavier barrel... But otherwise avoid.....

That extra pound or 2 will seem like an extra 20 pounds after an afternoon in the field......."

Latest posts

Top Bottom