The one thing I wish USSA would change.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the title says. I am a member at USSA. I do enjoy shooting out there when I get a chance. Now the one thing I wish they would change. They need to be open on holidays. I called the other day and they are closed on Labor day. Now I understand being closed on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and to some extent New Years day. They really should be open at least limited hours on the other holidays.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What the title says. I am a member at USSA. I do enjoy shooting out there when I get a chance. Now the one thing I wish they would change. They need to be open on holidays. I called the other day and they are closed on Labor day. Now I understand being closed on Christmas, Thanksgiving, Easter, and to some extent New Years day. They really should be open at least limited hours on the other holidays.

Not to be selfish here but I enjoy the fact that my job closes on most holidays. I bet you also like that fact you don't have to work on most holidays.

Keelty

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not to be selfish here but I enjoy the fact that my job closes on most holidays. I bet you also like that fact you don't have to work on most holidays.

I agree with you DC. USSA has to have range-masters on site to be open and those guys deserve the holidays off.

beer

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a change really, but an addition.

I'd like a skeet/trap range. While not really in line with the classes or overall defensive shooting style of the range, it is a hell of a lot of fun! In addition it helps in reaction time to moving targets.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
USSA has to have range-masters on site to be open and those guys deserve the holidays off.

Gotta disagree....they don't 'deserve' anything except what the profession and industry allows.

If your chosen profession revolves around something that a large part of your customer base does in their leisure time, then you really should be be available during that leisure time....at least in my mind. Just like other professions, you make your own holidays and weekends whenever the schedule allows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom