Ruger MKIII gunsmith in OKC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you doing this for Bullseye? If so you could really do the work yourself. I bought all the kits and hooked up my Ruger in one night.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you doing this for Bullseye? If so you could really do the work yourself. I bought all the kits and hooked up my Ruger in one night.

Yes I went and shot bullseye for the first time today and had a blast. I know my Ruger can shoot better than I can right now but I really want to go ahead and make some improvements. I just dont know about working on it myself.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
shouldn't be nothing for a certified diesel tech to do a trigger job and smooth things out.

seriously anyone that can take apart a cummins turbo diesel and put it back together.... a Ruger MK III is nothing compared to complexity of a cummins.

first trigger jobs should require no parts ... slowing stoning sear without changing angles is a breeze. amazing how much difference simply stoning all internal parts that rubs against anything makes.

no need to spend $$$ on parts unnecessarily ... most stock triggers can be improved considerably without changing sear angles. a smooth trigger is more important than a light one. as your skills progress, you will get both a light and smooth trigger.

what it does take is a small investment in tools. minimum list would include a gunsmith punch set, gunsmith screwdriver set and fine grain stones.

that said, if a brand new Ruger MK III target was not performing reliably for me ... I'd be calling up Ruger and requesting a UPS pickup.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The barrel and accuracy of the Mark II or III will suffice. The work we are referencing only has to do with the tolerances in the hammer bushing and the trigger group. Yes, I spent $150 bucks in parts on a $300 pistol; however, I can tell you that the difference is night and day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom